David Haye retires

............... thought he was already retired.

Or was that last fight supposed to be a comeback?

Oh well, good luck to him.

Overdue. Skilled and fast for a HW, but his ego and massive breaks in between fights made him unlikeable. He could have made a bigger impact if he was more active in his prime. Acting like he deserved superstar money and attention when he was not a superstar.

Happy retirement.

he'll probably be back in 18 months

was a huge fan of haye, i remember watching his early fights and his days at cw on friday fight night but when he went up to hw the guy just annoying, trash talk, not living up to it, pulling out of fights.

cruiserweight haye was lethal though

A fantastic prospect who's body broke down, he was a truly fantastic fighter in his prime and i would give him a chance against any LHW or Cruiser, he hit like an absolute truck at the lower weights and while he did carry his power up, he seemed to struggle with his mass and his injuries.

I wont miss him, i think he has overstayed his welcome and his injuries have played a part in that, good fighter, could have been great but his body couldnt hold up, and he would rather be a playboy/asshole than dedicate himself to boxing

he'll probably be back in 18 months

was a huge fan of haye, i remember watching his early fights and his days at cw on friday fight night but when he went up to hw the guy just annoying, trash talk, not living up to it, pulling out of fights.

cruiserweight haye was lethal though

Same as that, Big haye fan. Damn shame he came back

A fantastic prospect who's body broke down, he was a truly fantastic fighter in his prime and i would give him a chance against any LHW or Cruiser, he hit like an absolute truck at the lower weights and while he did carry his power up, he seemed to struggle with his mass and his injuries.

I wont miss him, i think he has overstayed his welcome and his injuries have played a part in that, good fighter, could have been great but his body couldnt hold up, and he would rather be a playboy/asshole than dedicate himself to boxing

Fucking asshole, he was never a LHW...

Why on earth do i think he used to be a LHW

It sucks that Haye will be remembered for a lack luster HW run. He was a savage at his natural weight class.

Thoroughly enjoyed his career. Sucks that injuries took such a toll on the later years.

enjoy your retirement champ. best of luck, I'll always remember you for your CW madness

I actually paid for Haye vs Harrisono_O You created a pirate, damn you.!!!!!

Happy to see another fighter retire while his brain is seemingly still intact.

Back