Movies David Fincher Discusses Fight Club

Damn all this time I thought the far left trans movement was because they idolized Robert Paulson.

I’ve never considered ‘Fight Club’ to be a political film. People need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop letting their lives revolve around their political affiliation.

Also, Fincher didn’t come up with Fight Club nor Tyler Durden -Chuck Palahniuk did

Damn all this time I thought the far left trans movement was because they idolized Robert Paulson.
meat-loaf-fight-club.jpg

Tyler Durden gave us Kelly and Kelly inspired me to get in to adult marketing, product management and content creation and selling service and merchandise.

Kelly is GOAT movie character:

Web capture_30-10-2023_194019_www.youtube.com.jpeg

To me, Kelly and Tyler= cool adults from the late 90s and early 2000s that most of us wanted to be like growing up. Nothing more, nothing less.

I’ve never considered ‘Fight Club’ to be a political film. People need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop letting their lives revolve around their political affiliation.

Also, Fincher didn’t come up with Fight Club nor Tyler Durden -Chuck Palahniuk did
yeah but Palahniuk’s Tyler Durden was more about Palahniuk’s own struggle w/ his sexuality.

The only people who idolized Tyler Durden are insecure kids who hadn't grown up yet

The guardian digging up an old film then trying to politicize it in today's environment.

They would have done better to do a story on Tyler Durden saying things that initially resound with lost men enabling him to manipulate them into all kinds of actions and beliefs that they would not normally have reached.
Then compared him to Andrew Tate.

Instead we will confront the director and get him to denounce the character or else...

Of all the great discussions to be had about Fight Club, political co-optation or how folks feel about that is too low on my list to engage in.

Now that Dust Brothers score, still gets played on the regular.

I think Se7en is his best movie. Fight Club has a very interesting style of film, but it's overrated.

The guardian digging up an old film then trying to politicize it in today's environment.

They would have done better to do a story on Tyler Durden saying things that initially resound with lost men enabling him to manipulate them into all kinds of actions and beliefs that they would not normally have reached.
Then compared him to Andrew Tate.

Instead we will confront the director and get him to denounce the character or else...

I think the problem for a lot of liberial commentators actually is that Fight Club ended up being VERY prescient, not just in terms of men falling under the spell of hyper masculine demagogues but in how the current environment feeds into that.

The lead ins to Tyler's philosophy really a lot of them are not "right wing", there about things like dissatisfaction with bullshit jobs, dislike of empty consumerism, etc in an environment were he's the only outlet. I think reflective of what we see today were left wing anti establishment politics has FAR less power in most of the world than right wing does. I'd say because the right wingers ultimately the establishment doesnt fear them as much because they know ultimately they will funnel peoples anger into bigotry which will not threaten their interests so they put much more effort into suppressing the left wing. The result in a lot of liberal values become associated with pro establishment viewpoints as their pushed by sold out centralists and anti establishemtn feeling gets pushed towards the right becoming ever nastier.

For the centralist liberals they just have to push the idea that these right wing popularist suddenly started to gain traction out of the blue for no real reason, they were hiding somewhere or something and escaped to threaten the world again. The reality is the rise of more far right politics in recent years is a direct reaction to the environment liberal capitalism created.

One of the many reasons I don't like fight club is that it turns silly when guys start worshipping Tyler and become a terrorist militia.

It was too far fetched, too unrealistic.

Now today we have dudes in real life worshipping Tyler...

<Neil01>

One of the many reasons I don't like fight club is that it turns silly when guys start worshipping Tyler and become a terrorist militia.

It was too far fetched, too unrealistic.

Now today we have dudes in real life worshipping Tyler...

<Neil01>

This was my main issue and it kind of like Death Note, it started off strong but then it fell apart because Tyler stood for people finding their individuality through fighting but then he wanted people to follow orders which contradicted his own belief system of not being a follower. In some ways Tyler became the very thing he was against.

I don't think anyone in real life is worshipping Tyler, the movie is kind of forgotten and with rise of living cost, people are just too busy to get by. Probably too tired to have a fight club. In MMA, there was metro fight club in various states and they fought MMA but did so for love of fighting and self-discovery vs becoming a UFC fighter. They focused on judo and wrestling as their base though.

Back