Dave Courtney died...a resounding "who"?

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
London gangster dead.

This may have to be moved to the WR, but I liked him for his books, they were really funny.

Rumour has it he was so arthritic he wasn't strong enough to shoot himself but a bit topical his last court case he was found not guilty for firearm charges.

I'm not lamenting his great character because he did a fuckload wrong but the couple of books of his were entertaining.

https://www.elkharttruth.com/lifest...age_6f508a33-e08b-5e81-82a0-42b3ece62cab.html

RIP, it was a shame that he seemingly turned his life around only to end it early anyways. Maybe he still had his share of demons

He was one of those charismatic old school hard man homegrown gangsters. Not many of them left it seems.

RIP Dave.

Read a couple of his books . Fun enough.

Was at a Charlton FC game the day before and seemed happy according to the papers.

Named his daughter Courtney Courtney. Got to admire it.

No idea who he is... but I'm sure Tom Hardy will be playing him soon.
Other than Bronson and Krays, why are you assuming this? I must have forgotten about other max security London gangsters.

Not familiar with this guy, but it made me think of Mark "Chopper" Reid

image.jpg

Loved his book although questioned how much of it was true. Apparently used to do debt collecting with The Guvnor Lenny McClean who was a proper hard bastard.

Loved his book although questioned how much of it was true. Apparently used to do debt collecting with The Guvnor Lenny McClean who was a proper hard bastard.

I feel this topic should also spin off into a hard man/unlicensed boxing discussion.

The aformentioned Lenny McClean, Roy Shaw, Bartley Gorman, Lew Yates, Paul Sykes to name a few.

Back