Dave Allen is fighting again???

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Watching a few videos, and checked his boxrec, and it has him lined up for a fight against TBA

He didnt look like he wanted to fight again after the last time out, hopefully they give him a gimme and he can go on his way

didn't he get hurt really badly against Pricey?

I dunno. How old is he anyway? he can't have that much longer left i would imagine

didn't he get hurt really badly against Pricey?

I dunno. How old is he anyway? he can't have that much longer left i would imagine
He's only 27....pretty young for a heavyweight, they often hit their prime in their early 30s. Every elite heavyweight right now is 30+

Making some money while he still has name recognition.

That didn't last long. Loved his win against Browne.

He's only 27....pretty young for a heavyweight, they often hit their prime in their early 30s. Every elite heavyweight right now is 30+

He’ll have problems in later life if he fights well in to his 30s. He takes way too much damage because he’s durable and can. He’s a really likeable fella. Hope he retires soon for his own sake

It's Eddie Hearn throwing mega bucks at him. He's popular on social media and brings a dedicated following.

He's a bit like a Chisora or Whyte, on a smaller level. Some guaranteed ticket sales and ppv buys when their name is on the poster.

Hopefully just easy, domestic level match ups. He was saying not long ago his health was suffering.

He’ll have problems in later life if he fights well in to his 30s. He takes way too much damage because he’s durable and can. He’s a really likeable fella. Hope he retires soon for his own sake
I haven't seen a ton of him, so I'll just throw that caveat out before saying anything

But....he's too small and doesn't have the level of boxing capabilities that other stalky heavyweights have towards the top

6'3 isn't small but he doesn't seem to even use that....and defensively he's extremely hittable from the outside for the bigger boxer punchers. I think even if he could make a fight on the inside out of it, the upper echelon guys like Kownacki would probably torch him

Tl;dr.....i don't think his ceiling is very high

It's Eddie Hearn throwing mega bucks at him. He's popular on social media and brings a dedicated following.

He's a bit like a Chisora or Whyte, on a smaller level. Some guaranteed ticket sales and ppv buys when their name is on the poster.

Hopefully just easy, domestic level match ups. He was saying not long ago his health was suffering.
I'd have him below Chisora and definitely below Whyte. Both Chisora and Whyte would walk through David Price, not lose badly to him.

Why is David Allen a big deal over there? Whats so special about him?

Why is David Allen a big deal over there? Whats so special about him?
His self-deprecating sense of humor and brutally honest takes. Basically, it's his personality. You don't have to be British to recognize these qualities and appreciate them. He's a likable guy.

Last edited:
Back