Datsusara Shorts

Mitchell

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just saw this on facebook and thought I'd open up a thread for it. Here is DSMMA's last fight short prototype.
dsmma.jpg

I think they look pretty sick but I'm not a fan of the pockets at all, the placement seems bad and I would just rather not have them.
I've been thinking about getting a BP and I would love to get some nice hemp shorts.
I'm just looking for people to agree with me so chris takes the pockets off then I will for sure buy a pair or two and order a BP while I'm at it.

Lookin dope! I don't think the pockets look bad, different though. And IMO it's not like they will be annoying or anything, you won't be able to feel them.

I see that there are no stretch panels, not a huge thing, to me at least, but it may deter some people.

I'm curious as to how much they weigh. I'm also wondering if the traditional closure system is used.

Lookin dope! I don't think the pockets look bad, different though. And IMO it's not like they will be annoying or anything, you won't be able to feel them.

I see that there are no stretch panels, not a huge thing, to me at least, but it may deter some people.

I'm curious as to how much they weigh. I'm also wondering if the traditional closure system is used.

Yeah, I either need the whole material to be a little stretchy (like Nogi) or the stretch panels in the crotch. I don't care about the pockets either way.

Yeah, I either need the whole material to be a little stretchy (like Nogi) or the stretch panels in the crotch. I don't care about the pockets either way.

Yeah, I do prefer that, but it never really bothered me when I first started training and wore regular board shorts.

Another vote for no pocket. Either make a hidden pocket or make an option for pocket/no pocket. I don't want to get any fingers/toes caught and twisted up in there while rolling.

Dang, it looks like it's split/ people don't care that much. oh well, I'll still order a pair.
I wonder if there are any other colours going to be available. I think it would be pretty cool if they came in natural, unbleached, undyed just like the gis. But I definitely dig the army green, a Battlepack in army green would be effin amazing too.

Last edited:
Another vote for no pocket. Either make a hidden pocket or make an option for pocket/no pocket. I don't want to get any fingers/toes caught and twisted up in there while rolling.

I highly doubt that will happen, they appear to have velcro, so there would not be all that much room to get your fingers caught in. Plus if they do end up in your pocket, take them out... It's no different than snagging your fingers in a collar, short sleeve, waistband etc...

big velcro patch. pocket on, pocket off. up to the user.

I highly doubt that will happen, they appear to have velcro, so there would not be all that much room to get your fingers caught in. Plus if they do end up in your pocket, take them out... It's no different than snagging your fingers in a collar, short sleeve, waistband etc...

i see your point, but why increase the chances of it happening. i don't get the point of pockets on training shorts other than a small hidden one maybe for a mouthguard.

i see your point, but why increase the chances of it happening. i don't get the point of pockets on training shorts other than a small hidden one maybe for a mouthguard.

True, true. I've never used any of the pockets on my shorts before.

True, true. I've never used any of the pockets on my shorts before.
Exactly, I see no point whatsoever in pockets on training shorts. I own 2 pairs of 40 thieves and they have a side pocket that has gone completely unused.

I usually wear my shorts to and/or from the Gym.
Nice to have a pocket for keys, id, phone so I don't have to carry a bag if I stop somewhere.

Back