Darren Till is Brandon Thatch with an accent.

You should have compared him to Dan Hardy, much more apt.

All he had to do was win but he got absolutely shut out. That's why I said Till never got close to a title either.
Really cant get much closer than that. I guess romero and hendrick got closer..

Till did because Dana White thought he could sell us magic beans from Liverpool.
Dana let him duck all the excellent wrestlers in the division, only to gift him a title-shot against the most excellent of all wrestlers in the division.

Anyone with a brain knew Woodley was gonna dominate Till.

Woodley's wrasslin' before the knockdown wasn't doing squat against Till.

Woodley's right hand ultimately won him the fight.

You should have compared him to Dan Hardy, much more apt.
That's a fair comparison but no one was fawning over Dan Hardy's size. Whereas the UFC, pundits, and fans, couldn't stop talking about how huge Brandon Thatch was for WW and likewise for Till.

Huge WWs with a lot of hype, marketable look, questionable tats, an obvious push from the UFC, and lack of ground game that fought around 200 pounds on fight night.

huge WW = true
lot of hype = somewhat true, yet most sherdoggers believed Woodley will win. Some still believe Till lost vs Wboy. Many still believed/believe he would lose against the wrestlers of the division.
Questionable tats = true but this applies for most UFC fighters
obvious push = somewhat true... their options were injured Colby (not marketable, people don't like him, he is trying too much) or 30% Usman (who the fuck likes boring leg humpers). The truth is that WW has no marketable fighter on the rise. Sure, unranked Perry and decline Cowboy have their fans, but they are not getting a TS soon.
Lack of ground game = welcome to MIXED martial arts sport!

I'm pretty sure the UFC was fast tracking Thatch to a title shot if he was able to beat Benson Henderson in Denver.

Uhh yeah, but he didn’t. Till did.

Terrible terrible analogy.

End of discussion.

Uhh yeah, but he didn’t. Till did.

Terrible terrible analogy.

End of discussion.
Sorry about that.

Though Till isn't a carbon copy of Thatch, I see a lot of similarities in their ascent and subsequent exposition.

Back