Darrell Montague

Gerald Ford

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After seeing Darrell get thrown to the wolves in his octagon debut (John Dodson) and then seeing him lose to Horiguchi, I would like to see him get a slight ease in competition for at least 1 fight..my suggestion (Louis Gaudinot or Josh Sampo)
your thoughts ?

Not a lot of easy outs at FLW. Sampo would make sense, but i assume Gaudinot will fight someone coming off a win. If Danny Martinez loses to Jorgensen in a couple weeks that fight would make sense.

Sampo is not a good example of easing an opponent. Gaudinot is a much better matchup for Montague, and i'd love to see Gaudinot get knocked the fuck out by him.

Not a lot of easy outs at FLW. Sampo would make sense, but i assume Gaudinot will fight someone coming off a win. If Danny Martinez loses to Jorgensen in a couple weeks that fight would make sense.

ya I like the sampo fight more, only cause he doesnt tend to Knock everyone out lol
and ya Martinez would be good, and he will most likely lose to jorgenson, so who knows

Sampo is not a good example of easing an opponent. Gaudinot is a much better matchup for Montague, and i'd love to see Gaudinot get knocked the fuck out by him.
Im not suggesting Sampo isnt a great fighter, just not likely to beat his head in

Dayum why the hate for mini Diego. Anways, I had high hopes for Montague so hopefully he wins his next fight.

Dayum why the hate for mini Diego. Anways, I had high hopes for Montague so hopefully he wins his next fight.

I want to see Darrell make it far, but i think he needs some momentum and to do that he needs some lighter competition

The dude definitely needs an easier fight to get some confidence going..Gaudinot fight makes sense.

I became a fan during his loss to Horiguchi. The guy has a ton of heart.

This is what I see happening.Martinez losing a decision to Jorgensen, fighting Montagu in a loser-goes-home fight.

He was given a big opportunity fighting a hot prospect in Horiguchi who was coming off a short notice win at 135. He's going to have to fight guys like Neil Seery, Phil Harris, and Dustin Ortiz for a while.

He looked beast in both his fights, even in defeat. If UFC wants to push Flyweight they need more fighters like him

They shouldn't have cut Campuzano. That fight would've made perfect sense.

tumblr_n5erq92I7y1qaa8d1o8_250.gif

Back