Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Some videos from posters

Last edited:
I feel like am finally geared/leveled up enough that I don't have to play super cautious and take more risks. Handling most encounters pretty well while I learn the new attack patterns.

Had some good play chunks over the weekend and made it to the Catacombs while rocking pretty much all of the original Knight gear except I switched up the shield for the Grass shield to take advantage of the Stamina regen increase.

Was let down by the Deacons of the Deep boss fight. Using the Ice Longsword+3(can't remember the real name) from Undead Settlement, and all of the enemies died in 2 hits, so I was just laying waste to hoards of them while I cut my way to the possessed one.

Crushed the Abyss Watcher. First phase was easy enough with all the adds, but they fought each other so fishing for backstabs made quick. Got goose bumbs when the 2nd phase started, but still handled him pretty easy. Hardest part for me was the obscured vision from all the smoke he generates in his attacks. The same tactics I used in DSII of sticking close to the humanoid bosses and rolling through their flurry of attacks still works here. Once I adjusted to his ridiculous hit box he went down pretty quick.

Can not wait to get more time in. Just picked up a new ring in the Catacombs that increases invincibility during rolls so excited to get that going.

I'm pretty sure I fucked up the Anri questline. I did everything up until the part where she appears in Carthus. I killed Wolnir and went all the way to Irithyll Dungeon before going back and looking for her. Only prism stones sitting around. Killed Horace, still nothing. She wasn't at the Yorshka bonfire before or after that, and I can't find her body anywhere. I really wanted that fucking sword too. Fuck.

I gotta get caught up. Level 33 Pyro build with 18 ATT, 16-16 Int/Faith at the moment. Just got to Road of Sacrifices. I spent a lot of time helping people beat the Cursed tree.

Ever since I got the complete red eye orb I've been trying to invade and just keep running into groups of like 3 and get wrecked.

Using the Myrrah Armor, The Axe from under the dragon and bascially fire orb all day.

finally got Abyss Watchers, i went in there not expecting to win

also thank god the latest patch got rid of the bonfire crash bug on PC

I really want to use the Dark Sword I got from the DarkWraith below the high wall in the cell. I feel like I got it pretty early and it seems to have nice scaling abilities with infusions. Problem is I'm 1 strength level and SIX dex levels away.

SIGH

Does scaling stack? Like B-B in strength and Dex does it increase from both stats or the higher of the two?

Does scaling stack? Like B-B in strength and Dex does it increase from both stats or the higher of the two?
Both, refined dark sword can carry you through the game by the way

Both, refined dark sword can carry you through the game by the way

Yeah I was just kind of putzing around and got the lower cell key where the Darkwraith was jailed. I killed him and got that drop and I really like the move set. Did a quick search and it seems to be a very powerful weapon with a ton of S scaling options depending on the infusion.

Since I'm pyro and have high int-faith I'll probably choose Crystal or Lightning for it eventually.

In other words: time to grind levels.

Camera problem. I was killing the ebola worm that infested the dragons on a lothric castle. I literally couldn't see my character and was just pressing r1 and hearing myself do damage. It couldn't hit me somehow so I'm not bitching. Was just weird.

I haven't really gotten a chance to play 3 much yet. I voted for the first Dark Souls game, but I thought about voting Demon's for a second. I have a soft spot for that game

Running a dex build rocking the katana. I can't seem to parry in this game for shit, same with backstabs. I was pretty damn good at bloodborne, and really think I prefer it to this.

Just made it to the undead settlement last night, I really need to grind some more, I just can't seem to find the confidence in the combat like I did in BB.

Pontiff is finally dead and i can finally progress, what a time to be alive.

Running a dex build rocking the katana. I can't seem to parry in this game for shit, same with backstabs. I was pretty damn good at bloodborne, and really think I prefer it to this.

Just made it to the undead settlement last night, I really need to grind some more, I just can't seem to find the confidence in the combat like I did in BB.

I hate the parrying in Souls. I know, I know, I need to git gud, but I really felt like Bloodborne was a much more refined process. In that game my pistol became more valuable to me than a shield in this.

Pontiff is finally dead and i can finally progress, what a time to be alive.

35c6b4251b94f0d7_leo_dance_1_.xxxlarge.gif

When he finally died i was all like

tumblr_nx8vnmJb8j1ql5yr7o2_400.gif

That's how I was when I beat the Fume Knight in DSII, and Daark Beast Paarl in the Chalice Dungeons in BB.

No other game can get you to feel that way.

A bit hesitant to start a dex/pyro build as I've heard some complaints about the viability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back