• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own the 360 version and can't wait to play it all again on next gen. I hope Dark Souls 1 gets remastered as well

You guys that haven't played the DLC need to get on it. Aside from a few bosses, all three DLCs blow the main game out of the water...by far.

What was the update on PC for the other day?

they updated all platforms. Added in the new npc and the agape ring, which stops you from gaining souls for pvp purposes. Bonfire menu now shows areas with high player population for co-op and pvp. A few other neat things too but it's potential spoiler material.

they updated all platforms. Added in the new npc and the agape ring, which stops you from gaining souls for pvp purposes. Bonfire menu now shows areas with high player population for co-op and pvp. A few other neat things too but it's potential spoiler material.

Thank you! Time to hop back on. I've only partially completed the 3 DLC anyway. Had such little time and too many games lately.

Thank you! Time to hop back on. I've only partially completed the 3 DLC anyway. Had such little time and too many games lately.

Last few times I tried to play, it was dead as hell as far as co op.

I don't think I ever did figure out the soul level thing, as far as what level people are at in what area.

The DLC was fantastic and quite long with all three of them. Fume Knight was such an awesome boss.

I just finished a 2nd round if about 50 hrs in dark souls 2 so I don't think I have it in me to but this one.

It would be great if it was 60 FPS though.

1080p/60fps PS4 version. not sure about XBONE.

I've held out thus far on buying a next gen console but this is making me reconsider. I'm a massive fan of the previous 2 souls games and have yet to play DkSII and I'm wondering if I'm better off just buying the ps3 version of SotFS or making the jump to the next generation. I just watched VaatiVidya's video on the game and it looks like not playing this game when it was initially released will go a long way in not spoiling the experience for me. It seems like the updates are pushing it closer to the quality of the original demos. I really feel for all the people that felt like they got cheated.

I've held out thus far on buying a next gen console but this is making me reconsider. I'm a massive fan of the previous 2 souls games and have yet to play DkSII and I'm wondering if I'm better off just buying the ps3 version of SotFS or making the jump to the next generation. I just watched VaatiVidya's video on the game and it looks like not playing this game when it was initially released will go a long way in not spoiling the experience for me. It seems like the updates are pushing it closer to the quality of the original demos. I really feel for all the people that felt like they got cheated.

I think you should invest in a next gen console. Get a PS4 as Bloodborne is also coming out for it. Theres also Lords of the Fallen which I haven't played but I hear it's like the Souls games. Deep Down looks like its going to be a 'Souls Like' game as well.

I've seen comparison videos between the PS3 and PS4 and honestly it was hard to look at the PS3 version after seeing it run in 1080p and especially at 60 fps.

I'd just make the jump to current gen, personally.

Last edited:
I played the 'DLC' patch content and have to say it was bad, kind of depressingly so. Though I do like the updated lore text.

And, damn it, I'm going to pay for the updated version anyways. I have a nice rig to run it.

It was patch 1.10 which rolls out the "Scholar of the First Sin" DLC. It includes all of the new features that will be released for the "Scholar of the First Sin" full release on next gen, except for those which require better hardware.

If you play right now, you get:
-a new side quest involving one NPC and one boss
-new lore on many weapons and items (not sure how many)

And when the next gen version comes out, it will include all that plus:
-better graphics
-improved multiplayer (more people in games)
-updated gameplay (more and different enemy placements)

So happy they will release it for the One. I don't even know how many hours I had in the first, it's a shame for my social life lol.

Have they revealed the new NPC yet? Supposedly he's from the first game but I'm not really sure who they could bring back other than the serpent twins.

Have they revealed the new NPC yet? Supposedly he's from the first game but I'm not really sure who they could bring back other than the serpent twins.

Yeah man if you see patch 1.10 when you boot up the game, the new content is there.

I've heard people mention that ps4 streams of SotFS were underwhelming graphically. Any opinions? If the difference in graphics isn't great between the two consoles I'll be opting for the ps3 version.

I watched comparison videos and the graphics definitely looked better on the PS4 but nothing that noteworthy. The 60 FPS was nice though.

I'm getting it almost solely for the DLC but I won't mind a small face lift and some added features.

Edit: Just saw you don't currently have a PS4. I wouldn't say this is worth getting one for, but Bloodborne sure as shit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back