Dark Side of the Ring- Brian Pillman

Nice, a new season. Binged the first 2 seasons during the first lockdown, some crazy stories

I was a kid home from school due to having the flu.

I watched an episode of Regis and Kathy Lee.

They had a couple of "Bad Guys" on the show to promote an upcoming WWE event at Madison Square Garden.

One of the guys broke down because he talked about how his travel schedule makes it hard on his family.

I assume he got fired after that.

I’m not a wrestling fan but I’ve seen a bunch of these and also the stone cold biography which was awesome. Why the hell are are so many wrestling stories/personalities so terribly dark? Is it something about the sport? It seems like most of these guys were drug addicts/alcoholics.

I’m not a wrestling fan but I’ve seen a bunch of these and also the stone cold biography which was awesome. Why the hell are are so many wrestling stories/personalities so terribly dark? Is it something about the sport? It seems like most of these guys were drug addicts/alcoholics.
Normies don't seek fame or the rush that comes with basking in the spotlight.

By all accounts, old school wrasslin’ was a crazy existence. Basically the carnival on roids. 300+ days/year of being on the road, hotels, rental cars, fast food, having to live the gimmick, booze, pills, ring rats, steroids, injuries, an addiction to the rush of performing for an audience, and doing all this in a shark tank environment full of co-workers who will bury you to the boss to take your spot.

I think Nash was probably right when he said, “the only way you’ll make it in the business is if you absolutely love it”.

“THE LOOSE CANNON DOESN’T SHOOT BLANKS!!!”

The "Pilliman's got a gun" vignette with Steven Austin from the November 4, 1996 episode of Raw was something else entirely. Austin going to Pillman's house to confront him and right as he gets inside and confronts Brian they cut to black as Brian points the gun at him.

Currently watching the doc. I've enjoyed the Dark Side of the Ring series

The New Jack one was crazy and entertaining.

"Eric Bischoff is each and every one of these mother fuckin smart marks rolled up into one giant piece of shit"

video not available in my country

<3>

Awesome series! I'm a Hulk Hogan 80's done by age 10 wrasslin fan but this series is so good.

Back