DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: January 9, 2018

DEADPOOL Director Tim Miller Reportedly Developing KITTY PRYDE Movie for Fox

Sources have confirmed to Collider that Tim Miller of Deadpool fame is hard at work developing a solo movie for the famous phasing member of the X-Men, Kitty Pryde, to potentially direct.

Best known by the codename Shadowcat, Pryde is a mutant with the ability to “phase” or become intangible, which basically allows her (and anything she’s touching) to pass through solid objects, disrupt electromagnetic fields, and even levitate.

Miller’s setting the project up at 20th Century Fox, the current home of Marvel’s X-Men, X-Force, Wolverine, The New Mutants, and the aforementioned Deadpool titles, but the much-publicized potential buyout by Disney will almost certainly complicate things.

To be clear, a Kitty Pryde movie is very much in development at Fox by Miller at the moment, but even without the expected merger valued at $52.4 billion, a movie that’s in development doesn’t necessarily end up going into production. Just look at the list of “announced” projects for super-producers like Steven Spielberg or Ridley Scott–who just added a possible Disney project of his own–to get an idea of how many pictures are in development versus how many come to pass.

Factor in that Miller himself is currently producing a Sonic the Hedgehog movie for Paramount and will be directing the new Terminator film for the studio for a 2019 release, and then add in the fact that the regulatory review of the Disney/Fox merger should take anywhere from 12 to 18 months (if it is approved at all) and things get a bit more complicated.

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat hast appeared in feature films before. Cameo appearances from Sumela Kay in X-Men and Katie Stuart in X2 acted as Easter eggs/teasers for the character. Fans will remember Ellen Page‘s portrayal–most notably in the sequence opposite Vinnie Jones‘ Juggernaut–in X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Feel free to speculate on who should play Pryde and get your fan-casting suggestions in now because this project is a long way away from the casting process.

Exclusive: 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Developing Solo ‘Kitty Pryde’ Movie at Fox

Tim Miller is working on Neuromancer right now and thats not even mentioned in this article

So yeah food for thought. Good chance this "exlusive" is a dud

Another super hero movie ...

tenor.gif

Tim Miller is working on Neuromancer right now and thats not even mentioned in this article

So yeah food for thought. Good chance this "exlusive" is a dud

200w.gif

Is there a thread for it here or anything?

Katherine Waterston would be a good cute Kitty Pryde, who needs to be pretty and have good personality and charisma.

I don't know, man, she never really did anything that warranted a solo film, and people aren't exactly clamoring for it. Plus, it seems like you'd get bored watching her phase through walls after awhile.

Wait. What does the marvel deal do then?

Cool, I never cared for Hans Zimmer but after his work on Dunkirk he's earned my respect

Katherine Waterston would be a good cute Kitty Pryde, who needs to be pretty and have good personality and charisma.
Too old isn't she? Kitty Pryde is usually portrayed as being on the younger side I thought, Waterston is 37.

Remember when Zimmer had respect for himself

Dude is a hack fraud

Blade Runner 2049 OST fucking sucked

Sophie Turner is not a bad actress. She just isnt meant to play Jean Grey.

Actually I think Jessica Chastain can pull of a Jean Grey, but for some reason they want all the X-men to be super young. So dumb.

Same with JLaw. She is not a bad actress, she just isnt a superhero/villianess kind of actress.

Jlaw was good in First Class. Then she became a major success and they changed around the franchise to make mystique the centerpiece or at least a centerpiece. Wasn’t really organic.

Still it worked well DOFP but not in Apocalypse.

People shittting on Sophie’s work but that Sheridan dude is a solid young actor (see Mud, Joe, etc) and he was not good as cyclops.

You could have had hanks and Streep as cyclops and jean grey and the film would have still been a dud.

wysdom and pryde? one of my favorite teams and era's in comics... would be fucking amazing if they could lead it into an excalibur movie. ... but... im getting ahead of myself arnt i?

Yay. Another soundtrack with 1038837483 one note stabs! Fu Zimmer! And fu too fox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back