Television DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN (Set Photos of the Punisher, post #250)

Only time I can see anyone humanizing Castle would be right before he dies. That's it. Might just be a gaze and his last breath escaping VideoCapture_20221207-212121.jpgThat's how I'm going to gogiphy (2).gifCCapture (2) (2).jpg

So is the Punisher skull logo no longer taboo? It's necessary for the character.

So is the Punisher skull logo no longer taboo? It's necessary for the character.

From what I've read, part of the story will involve Frank taking down a bunch of dirty cops who wear the Punisher skull.

From what I've read, part of the story will involve Frank taking down a bunch of dirty cops who wear the Punisher skull.
Is that a big part of the comics? I'm getting the impression it's a response to critics who complain about real life cops wearing it.

Is that a big part of the comics? I'm getting the impression it's a response to critics who complain about real life cops wearing it.

Yeah, Marvel has real problems with cops wearing the Punisher skull. They even wrote a story in which Frank confronts two cops who have a Skull sticker on their squad car. They tell Frank they do the same thing he does. Frank is not amused. He rips up the sticker and tells them.

"Listen carefully, because I'm only going to say this once: you don't do what I do. No one does. You took an oath to Serve and Protect. I left that behind a long time ago.

You boys are looking for a hero? His name is Captain America, and he'll be glad to have you"

Only time I can see anyone humanizing Castle would be right before he dies. That's it. Might just be a gaze and his last breath escaping View attachment 1037959That's how I'm going to goView attachment 1037962View attachment 1037963

I actually liked the scene where Frank is nearly tortured to death by Rawlings, and sees his dead wife, Maria. She asks Frank to come with her and finally be at peace, but Frank eventually admits he can't. It was quite touching.

It's heavily implied in the Marvel Max run that while he really did love his wife and children, Castle loved the adrenalin rush of combat even more. When his family were murdered, he used their deaths as an excuse to wage a war that would never end. And that Frank, on some level, knows this and all the pain and suffering he goes through fighting crime is a way of punishing himself.

The Punisher: Born takes things even further and has Castle make a deal with the Angel of Death to survive Vietnam and return to his family. Castle finds out too late the price of that deal is his wife and children...

I actually liked the scene where Frank is nearly tortured to death by Rawlings, and sees his dead wife, Maria. She asks Frank to come with her and finally be at peace, but Frank eventually admits he can't. It was quite touching.

It's heavily implied in the Marvel Max run that while he really did love his wife and children, Castle loved the adrenalin rush of combat even more. When his family were murdered, he used their deaths as an excuse to wage a war that would never end. And that Frank, on some level, knows this and all the pain and suffering he goes through fighting crime is a way of punishing himself.

The Punisher: Born takes things even further and has Castle make a deal with the Angel of Death to survive Vietnam and return to his family. Castle finds out too late the price of that deal is his wife and children...

Never read the whole series, and I remember a few purists bitching about the supernatural retcon in Born a few years back on these boards, but I quite like the modified backstory proposed in Born.

Frank appears to have a supernatural ability to take damage and just keep coming, I find the idea that he's a revenant possessed by Death to be a reasonable explanation for his plot armor and everything else about the character.

Never read the whole series, and I remember a few purists bitching about the supernatural retcon in Born a few years back on these boards, but I quite like the modified backstory proposed in Born.

Frank appears to have a supernatural ability to take damage and just keep coming, I find the idea that he's a revenant possessed by Death to be a reasonable explanation for his plot armor and everything else about the character.

IIRC, Garth Innis himself kind of backed off and said it was up to the reader to decide if Castle really had made a deal with the Angel of Death, or if the voice he heard was just his own pyschosis.

Personally, I liked the Deal with the Devil theory.

I saw a few articles saying Ayelet Zurer is back as Kingpin's wife. So seems like most of the Netflix cast is back. If it ain't broke... don't break it.

Back