Television DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN (Set Photos of the Punisher, post #250)

Well, I'm not gonna watch it, but Miller's Born Again was pretty cool up until that stuff with Nuke. And bringing Karen Page back into Matt's life really blunted the power of her fall into drug addiction that led her to giving Matt's secret away. I'd say the first three issues or so were amazing though. I don't always love Miller, but he knew what he was doing with the Kingpin, unlike most subsequent writers. Hopefully it focuses on the Kingpin's systematic torture of Matt Murdoch as he first attempts to determine whether the information is accurate and then, having confirmed it to his satisfaction, begins his dissection of Murdock. That was classic stuff.

What I'd love to see is an adaptation of Daredevil's epic battle with the Submariner. That's one of those comics that kids can read and realize that there's no shame in losing as long as you do your best and don't give up.

I started reading Born Again recently.
Did you read Miller's first Daredevil run? That sort of gives you a good foundation for Born Again. Some of O'Neil's run too.

Update: September 12, 2022

Charlie Cox Confirms DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN Will Be a Reboot / Season 1 and Not Season 4

When asked if the new show would be a continuation or something new, and Charlie Cox said, “I don’t know anything. I haven’t seen a script… My feeling is, based on the title ‘Born Again,’ I think that the sense is it is a new beginning, it is going to be different, it is going to be totally different. It is going to be new stories, and new ideas.”

He noted that Kevin Feige had previously explained, “It is a Season 1, it is not Season 4, so it is a whole new thing. Which I think is the way to go. If you are going to do it again, do it differently.”

He also praised the fans who worked so hard to bring him back as Daredevil after the show ended in 2018.

“It is a huge shout-out to the Save Daredevil folks because really, they went to work and they didn’t give up on that dream. And there was a long period of time where I was like, ‘I don’t think it is going to happen, guys.’ It is really emotional to be given this second life when you have already developed such a love for the character and the people, and now we are embarking on this whole new journey and it is the beginning again. I feel so grateful and excited and I’m nervous all over again, you know what I mean? It is a wild journey. It is the gift that keeps on giving.”

https://extratv.com/2022/09/10/char...-in-the-mcu-if-he-ll-be-an-avenger-exclusive/

Sherdog needs a dislike button.

Did you read Miller's first Daredevil run? That sort of gives you a good foundation for Born Again. Some of O'Neil's run too.
Not sure. Of the old stuff I sought out to read, I read DD's first meeting with Kingpin, Bullseye, subsequent Bullseye fights, but didn't yet read much after first meeting Elektra.

I will try to see which specific issues were Submariner vs DD, which I never heard of.

If Disney keeps with the recent map, Daredevil will just be the sidekick for a female lead.

The amount of Bait & Switch they have pulling with recognizable titles has been total crap.
They'll probably make DD and Foggy gay.

They'll probably make DD and Foggy gay.

So THAT is why he has a "Billy Club" and a red leather outfit ...

giphy.gif

Not sure. Of the old stuff I sought out to read, I read DD's first meeting with Kingpin, Bullseye, subsequent Bullseye fights, but didn't yet read much after first meeting Elektra.

I will try to see which specific issues were Submariner vs DD, which I never heard of.
Daredevil 7. One of the greatest comics of all-time, up there with Amazing Spiderman 33, "The Final Chapter" or Detective Comics 500. At least in my book. Definitely a classic.

O'Neil has some interesting issues where you get an idea about the Kingpin's sense of honor, in spite of his ruthlessness. His early Spiderman appearances are also great, beginning with Amazing Spiderman 50.

There's a hilarious issue of Miller's first run where Turk becomes convinced that Foggy Nelson is actually a criminal mastermind and the hardest man in New York and attempts to ride him to the top of New York crime. Daredevil actually helps reinforce the charade and it is probably one of the funniest comics you'll read. Can't recall the issue number though.

Well, I'm not gonna watch it, but Miller's Born Again was pretty cool up until that stuff with Nuke. And bringing Karen Page back into Matt's life really blunted the power of her fall into drug addiction that led her to giving Matt's secret away. I'd say the first three issues or so were amazing though. I don't always love Miller, but he knew what he was doing with the Kingpin, unlike most subsequent writers. Hopefully it focuses on the Kingpin's systematic torture of Matt Murdoch as he first attempts to determine whether the information is accurate and then, having confirmed it to his satisfaction, begins his dissection of Murdock. That was classic stuff.

What I'd love to see is an adaptation of Daredevil's epic battle with the Submariner. That's one of those comics that kids can read and realize that there's no shame in losing as long as you do your best and don't give up.

I must have missed that one; how the fuck is Daredevil taking on Namor? The Submariner is one of the most powerful beings on Earth 616. Dude can stand and bang with the Hulk on land, and KHTFO in the sea. He's so far out of Daredevil's league they're not even playing the same sport.

This is actually a worse match up than Spider-Man vs Juggernaut.

Daredevil 7. One of the greatest comics of all-time, up there with Amazing Spiderman 33, "The Final Chapter" or Detective Comics 500. At least in my book. Definitely a classic.

O'Neil has some interesting issues where you get an idea about the Kingpin's sense of honor, in spite of his ruthlessness. His early Spiderman appearances are also great, beginning with Amazing Spiderman 50.

There's a hilarious issue of Miller's first run where Turk becomes convinced that Foggy Nelson is actually a criminal mastermind and the hardest man in New York and attempts to ride him to the top of New York crime. Daredevil actually helps reinforce the charade and it is probably one of the funniest comics you'll read. Can't recall the issue number though.
The thing with the issue #'s is they keep resetting to #0. I ended up reading a DD issue about some retarded kid instead of reading Echo shooting Kingpin in the head.

Basically after watching Netflix DD and Punisher, I wanted to read more about Kingpin, Punisher, Iron Fist. Didn't read too much old Iron Fist yet. The few new Iron Fist I read was weird.

The thing with the issue #'s is they keep resetting to #0. I ended up reading a DD issue about some retarded kid instead of reading Echo shooting Kingpin in the head.

Basically after watching Netflix DD and Punisher, I wanted to read more about Kingpin, Punisher, Iron Fist. Didn't read too much old Iron Fist yet. The few new Iron Fist I read was weird.
I was thinking of issue 7 as in the original issue 7, written by Stan Lee, drawn by, well, I'm not sure, but he did an awesome job. 185 is the Foggy Nelson issue I was thinking of btw. It was really funny.

Yeah, these constant reboots are a headache though.

I must have missed that one; how the fuck is Daredevil taking on Namor? The Submariner is one of the most powerful beings on Earth 616. Dude can stand and bang with the Hulk on land, and KHTFO in the sea. He's so far out of Daredevil's league they're not even playing the same sport.

This is actually a worse match up than Spider-Man vs Juggernaut.
Spiderman-Juggernaut is an absolute classic though. The whole point is that he's taking on an impossible task. I might even argue that the Juggernaut issues are the best of Stern's run and that's saying a lot, because I think his run is arguably second to Stan Lee's. If you read those issues, it doesn't try to convince you that Spiderman is somehow on the same level as Juggernaut. Far from it. Likewise for Daredevil versus Namor; that Namor is far more powerful than Daredevil is what makes the whole thing compelling and meaningful.

If Disney keeps with the recent map, Daredevil will just be the sidekick for a female lead.

The amount of Bait & Switch they have pulling with recognizable titles has been total crap.
"If"?

JFL...

clean.jpg

Spiderman-Juggernaut is an absolute classic though. The whole point is that he's taking on an impossible task. I might even argue that the Juggernaut issues are the best of Stern's run and that's saying a lot, because I think his run is arguably second to Stan Lee's. If you read those issues, it doesn't try to convince you that Spiderman is somehow on the same level as Juggernaut. Far from it. Likewise for Daredevil versus Namor; that Namor is far more powerful than Daredevil is what makes the whole thing compelling and meaningful.

Oh, I enjoyed the Spidey vs Juggernaut story. It's a classic. But at least Spidey could play to his strengths. Juggs, while basically unstoppable, was never the sharpest tool in the box. He also doesn't move very quickly(to be fair, he doesn't need to). So Spider-Man could stick and move, keep out of Juggernaut's way with his superhuman speed and reflexes, while setting traps for Juggernaut to blunder into.

By contrast, Namor is both hideously strong and fast, and smart enough to hold membership in both the Illuminati and the Cabal at the same time. Matt is a peak human athlete and martial artist. It's difficult to see how he could even slow down Namor.

Oh, I enjoyed the Spidey vs Juggernaut story. It's a classic. But at least Spidey could play to his strengths. Juggs, while basically unstoppable, was never the sharpest tool in the box. He also doesn't move very quickly(to be fair, he doesn't need to). So Spider-Man could stick and move, keep out of Juggernaut's way with his superhuman speed and reflexes, while setting traps for Juggernaut to blunder into.

By contrast, Namor is both hideously strong and fast, and smart enough to hold membership in both the Illuminati and the Cabal at the same time. Matt is a peak human athlete and martial artist. It's difficult to see how he could even slow down Namor.
Well, obviously, that Cabal and Illuminati stuff wasn't a factor in a story written in the 60's by Stan Lee, but you'd just have to read the comic and see for yourself. Like I said, the power differential is part of the whole point of the story.

EDIT: I'll add that I don't want to spoil too much of the story if you haven't read it, @KnightTemplar, but I think you'll enjoy it and probably recognize how unique and trailblazing the story was.

Last edited:
Back