Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera?

The more I think about it, Herrera vs Garcia is not that bad of a fight. Definitely a step down for Garcia but I think this will be good while it lasts. Herrera probably gets wrecked by a Garcia hook in an exchange though.

Here's a HL from Herrera's fight with Alvarado for those not familiar with him.

This will be a good fight but undoubtedly a step down from Garcia's last fight. I expect Garcia to win, hopefully impressively and set himself up for another big fight.

Ponce/Juanma doesn't make much sense. The first fight wasn't competitive at all.

To be fair, their bout was six years ago when Juanma looked like a monster. The last couple of years... I'd say Ponce has actually looked better. Moreover, the first bout was basically two guys slugging it out with Juanma landing a sizzling uppercut before Ponce could land one of his crushing shots... when two people stand toe to toe one of them is likely to get caught.

Neither guy is near the top of 125lbs or 130lbs right now, on paper it should be entertaining and it's still a name win for either guy. Seems a pretty decent scrap to me.

To be fair, their bout was six years ago when Juanma looked like a monster. The last couple of years... I'd say Ponce has actually looked better. Moreover, the first bout was basically two guys slugging it out with Juanma landing a sizzling uppercut before Ponce could land one of his crushing shots... when two people stand toe to toe one of them is likely to get caught.

Neither guy is near the top of 125lbs or 130lbs right now, on paper it should be entertaining and it's still a name win for either guy. Seems a pretty decent scrap to me.

Lopez looked pretty shot against Garcia. I thought that was going to be a competitive fight.

The more I think about it, Herrera vs Garcia is not that bad of a fight. Definitely a step down for Garcia but I think this will be good while it lasts. Herrera probably gets wrecked by a Garcia hook in an exchange though.

Here's a HL from Herrera's fight with Alvarado for those not familiar with him.

Yeah, but a soft touch after the past six fights Garcia has had seems fair.

002_Danny_Garcia_and_Mauricio_Hernandez.jpg

005_Group_Shot.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-danny-garcia-herrera-juanma-ponce-face-offs--74353

Lopez actually not fat at a fight press conference for once.

PDL on the heavybag.

Angel's pandering to Puerto Ricans was pathetic.

Angel gives his thoughts on world politics.

Angel Garcia truly is hilarious...he's like the English speaking Ricardo Mayorga.
Haha "Took his cake", (and didn't even know it was Ortiz's birthday), just a saying.
"Comin in dumb an Fresh, gonna be lookin at the lights upside down.."
LOL classic quotes!!!

SHOWTIME SPORTS ‏@SHOsports

"@DannySwift says he wants one more fight at 140 pounds after tomorrow night before going up to 147. #Boxing"

Hopefully Danny takes care of his business tomorrow and in style.

If hes gonna hang around 140 for one more fight either Lamont Peterson or Provoginov (as Angel calls him) would be interesting fights.

PDL- 128.75
JuanMa- 129

Paperbag- 238
Wilder- 227

Herrera- 139.25
Garcia- 139.75

Back