• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Danny Cherries Only Garcia vs Brandon Rios

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Saw the news at a few different places. Looks like it will be in early December. Yet again Danny picks the absolute softest touch he can possibly find. Rios was a fun fighter but he has been punch drunk for awhile now and should have retired after Bradley destroyed him. Danny fighting a can yet again has nothing to do with not being able to get a real fight. He doesn't want a real fight. A few reports said he could have had his pick between Porter or Spence or Crawford or Horn but wanted Rios instead. Looking forward to the Captain-Save-A-Garcia's on the forum defending this one.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/10/brandon-rios-vs-danny-garcia/

OK, this time I'll skip the "come on, be fair to Garcia" horsecrap.

OK, this time I'll skip the "come on, be fair to Garcia" horsecrap.
The guy just fought the best fighter in the division.

Garcia is one of those guys that fans hold to a higher standard than other fighters for seemingly no real reason.

Shit fight but I think the truth on Danny is somewhere in between.

You couldnt give me a very long list of guys who have fought better competition. On the other hand, hes fought some lames as well.

The guy just fought the best fighter in the division.

Garcia is one of those guys that fans hold to a higher standard than other fighters for seemingly no real reason.

Rios was a good fight when Pacquiao came back after a devastating KO loss, but since then the Pac and Bradley beatings made him as shot as a firecracker on July, 5h. There might be other options then either Errol Spence or Brandon Rios.

Rios was a good fight when Pacquiao came back after a devastating KO loss, but since then the Pac and Bradley beatings made him as shot as a firecracker on July, 5h. There might be other options then either Errol Spence or Brandon Rios.
Rios actually looked decent in his last fight.

Garcia is always going to be in competitive fights.

He does tend to adjust to his opponent's level, indeed. If he blows Rios out of the water, I guess it means it was a true mismatch. We'll see.

Just saw the link is from Boxingnews 24. That site is boxing fiction.

Garcia is always going to be in competitive fights.

Nothing is official but rios himself on IG said that it is getting finalized right now. Obviously anything can happen

Dont want to see Rios take more punishment. I don't even like the guy, but he seems like he could do some very stupid shit if he has chronic brain dmg. He already doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the kitchen.

cherry+garcia.jpg

Dont want to see Rios take more punishment. I don't even like the guy, but he seems like he could do some very stupid shit if he has chronic brain dmg. He already doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the kitchen.

Also, he seems to enjoy getting punched in the face. Scary shit.

Also, he seems to enjoy getting punched in the face. Scary shit.

Yup. And though I am not really a fan of Danny... he has a lot if power in his hooks. Rios likes fighting at exactly that range.

“I had a wonderful career I think its time to hang up my gloves,” Rios said. “I’m not giving it my all and I don’t want to take beatings for no reason. I love this sport so much that it’s hard to turn away from it. But when it’s time to hang it up it’s time to hang it up and the time is now.”

Garcia has been in the ring with barely any good talent in the last five or six years. This isn't shocking.

He sounds horrible. Stutters his way through every other sentence. Trips over his words. He is obviously punch drunk. I'm pissed that they even let guys like him keep killing themselves in the ring. It's kind of ironic how he mocked Roach for being damaged by boxing and now he sounds worse himself.

Skip to 2:40 for the Danny Garcia fight announcement.

^ I never knew that Robert Garcia was Rios' godfather. Brandon really does sound punch drunk though. I'd rather see him get a job doing something else involving boxing than watching him fight in his current state. He needs to salvage what's left of his faculties. The SACs will sanction the fucking fight anyway though. Someone close to him needs to step in and be honest with him about his future in boxing as a fighter.

Back