Daniel Sarafian, how good is he?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I usually watch TUF, but I never got around to seeing TUF Brazil. I heard this guy Daniel Sarafian looked pretty good on the show. Anyone care to fill me in on his talents? Thoughts about his potential in the division? I see he's matched up with C.B. Dolloway at FUEL 7. How do you all see that one going down?

Just thought I'd get some people's opinions on this TUF: Brazil product. Thanks.

He's got a lot of potential and should walk through Dollaway. He's well rounded. Good striking and good submissions. He would've beat Mutante in the Finale easily too.

He's got a lot of potential and should walk through Dollaway. He's well rounded. Good striking and good submissions. He would've beat Mutante in the Finale easily too.

Is that so? I heard Mutante is a pretty big guy, and looked good as well on the show. I look forward to seeing his fight with dolloway so I can get a better gauge on his future in the division. It's nice to get some new blood at 185.

Is that so? I heard Mutante is a pretty big guy, and looked good as well on the show. I look forward to seeing his fight with dolloway so I can get a better gauge on his future in the division. It's nice to get some new blood at 185.

Mutane is supposedly a striker but his striking is decent at best (good kicks, zero hands) and he has no chin at all. He nearly got KO'd by Serginho ffs. Basically, I don't see Mutante going very far in the UFC. Sarafian seems to have a bright future but I need to see more of him

He's pretty good in my estimation. He would've eaten Mutante up if they met in the finals.

I don't know but he is one of the most good-looking fighters in the sport. Could be a model. /nohomo

CD1BB16489A2E68C5F93782AC198F.jpg

Make a nosejob on him and he's a total adonis.

^ i thought the same thing when i was watching the show #nohomo

sarafian is a dream boat.

He's even better looking knowing he used to be a fatty.

Edit: Oh and yeah, hes good. He should be able to beat CB, but we will see his TDD. He's gonna need it.

dolloway comes from a good wrestling background.

Believe it or not, back in 2009 I've sparred with him in boxing quite a few times. Nogueira brothers opened up a gym here in Miami awhile ago, 2008 I think. Now it's called MMA Masters, the same jiu jitsu coach though. Anyway, this boxing class was led by a cuban coach, awesome guy, so Daniel would come from ATT which is like an hour up north from Miami to train with him. And sometimes the coach would put head gear on me and make me spar with him. He hits hard, even though he wasn't going all out. Never thought he'd make it big, or semi-big at least. Glad to see it, though.

I don't know but he is one of the most good-looking fighters in the sport. Could be a model. /nohomo

CD1BB16489A2E68C5F93782AC198F.jpg

Make a nosejob on him and he's a total adonis.

You can't just /nohomo something like what you just said. Homo indeed my friend.

He's got a little bit of everything it would seem - athleticism, power, agility and a well-rounded skill set. I've only seen two or three of his fights but I remember him showing surprisingly good wrestling chops for a Brazilian.

If Sarafian can keep the fight standing it should be a walk through, but that is a big "if." Has Sarafian ever done well against a wrestler? His only two career losses are to wrestling-based American fighters. Sense a theme here?

I think UFC matchmaker Joe Silva believes Sarafian can win this fight, otherwise why would he expose one of TUF Brazil's most popular fighters to a boring wrestler like Dollaway.

i watched the TUF brazil and became a fan of Daniel. He's a class act. Fights hard and tons of heart. Good kid.

You can't just /nohomo something like what you just said. Homo indeed my friend.

haha I agree.

I heard Dana white said he was sending guys to the hospital in every fight, then he did a GQ shoot in the TUF house, and every woman within 4 miles was automatically pregnant when he got there.

Mutane is supposedly a striker but his striking is decent at best (good kicks, zero hands) and he has no chin at all. He nearly got KO'd by Serginho ffs. Basically, I don't see Mutante going very far in the UFC. Sarafian seems to have a bright future but I need to see more of him

I agree Mutante's striking is not that good, but saying he almost got KO'd by Serginho is a bit of a stretch. He got a little rocked once, but that's it. He took some big shots during the show and seemed to have a good chin. I don't have high expectations for him, but many TUF fighters improve a lot after they get the contract and actually have access to top training facilities and coaches.

He trains with Demian Maia, so I assume his bjj is good. He displayed a very smooth trasition to the back in his fight against Rene Forte.
His striking seems to be his best weapon though. The guy is fast and accurate. His KO of Serginho was pretty solid.

Also he was confronted by Babalu and stood his ground very well.

Very good all around skill, his timing on that knee KO makes him a unique talent with his size. If he works with wrestlers and BJJ experts he could be a champion contender. He just has to calm down on faceoffs or all his energy will be drained come fight night. :icon_chee

He's pretty decent. His front snap kick is lethal.

Back