DANA'S FACE WHEN HIS FAVORITES LOSE

I know he's a business man, but he's supposed to show no partiality, to be neutral, as figurehead of the organization, but no.... he literally shows his displeasure against fighters he doesn't like or deem marketable. He's supposed to behave professionally, he's running a major sport for heaven sakes.
<PlusJuan>{<redford}<31>

You forgot Khabib-Conor. That was the biggest UFC meltdown of all time. Buffer was LITERALLY choking back tears as he announced the result. They actually edit the video (for all the Khabib free fight posts of 229 they made after) so you can't see his face announcing the ending now. Dana lied about the governor running for his life. The commission threatened Khabib's livelihood and Dana said they would strip him of the belt to give it to the guy that got choked out. People forget that was clearly the plan on 10-6-18, and Dana stated it openly in the post-fight interview.

It was only when ESPN/public backlash overwhelmed them and video came out of Conor throwing the first punch that they changed their tune. But yeah, those corrupt shitbags were very upset that their fight-fix attempt with "best in the biz" Herb Dean didn't pan out.
What are you smoking?

Maybe he's one of those guys who likes making money and having a popular product.

To his credit, whether he likes the outcome or not, he generally accepts the outcome and moves forward. He may have favorites, but he doesn't try to influence outcomes or game the system. He walks his grumpy ass out to the presser and says "Everyone underestimated [Dustin, Holly, Nate, Cain... whoever].

Maybe he's one of those guys who likes making money and having a popular product.

To his credit, whether he likes the outcome or not, he generally accepts the outcome and moves forward. He may have favorites, but he doesn't try to influence outcomes or game the system. He walks his grumpy ass out to the presser and says "Everyone underestimated [Dustin, Holly, Nate, Cain... whoever].

Bruh, I'm not gonna give Pink Goof credit for not gaming the system, plus the dude literally has NO CHOICE but to move on after his favorite fighter loses. I expect him to be professional and not corrupt by cheating. The guy does help out his favorite fighters by always giving them good fights to speed up their ascension, which is crap man.

I know he's a business man, but he's supposed to show no partiality, to be neutral, as figurehead of the organization, but no.... he literally shows his displeasure against fighters he doesn't like or deem marketable. He's supposed to behave professionally, he's running a major sport for heaven sakes.

Where does it say that he's supposed to be emotionally neutral? He's not allowed to stack the deck for anyone, or fix fights, but his responsibility is actually to generate the most revenue possible foe for WME. He's not supposed to be neutral on the subject of a lot of money vs far less money.

Where does it say that he's supposed to be emotionally neutral? He's not allowed to stack the deck for anyone, or fix fights, but his responsibility is actually to generate the most revenue possible foe for WME. He's not supposed to be neutral on the subject of a lot of money vs far less money.

The guy stacks the deck by letting good fighters wait forever until they are old or fight so many fights they eventually lose. And yeah, he's supposed to be neutral when publicly speaking, in private, or drunk at a bar, fine, say what you want... But not literally while working, dude was butthurt when GSP beat Hendricks.

Bruh, I'm not gonna give Pink Goof credit for not gaming the system, plus the dude literally has NO CHOICE but to move on after his favorite fighter loses. I expect him to be professional and not corrupt by cheating. The guy does help out his favorite fighters by always giving them good fights to speed up their ascension, which is crap man.

Always? The UFC probably has the highest level of competition of any fighting org that's ever existed. HOF boxers can get sacrificial lambs offered up by their promoters. Fedor fought Zulu. Wanderlei fought Yuki Kondo. Anthony Joshua fought Pulev while Fury was an option.

Brock had to fight Couture, Mir, Carwin, Cain, Overeem, and Hunt in a row.
DC got Bones, Rumble, Gus, Anderson, Rumble, Bones in a row.
Look at GSP's last 10 or so
Conor did Chad, Aldo, Nate 2x, Eddie, and Khabib in a row
Ronda had to fight Tate, Zingano, Holm, and Amanda (although with less impressive competion in between due to lack of competion)

Dana is not coddling people just because a guy gets a step down after a loss or because the get a Bisping Hendo 2 here and there.

Always? The UFC probably has the highest level of competition of any fighting org that's ever existed. HOF boxers can get sacrificial lambs offered up by their promoters. Fedor fought Zulu. Wanderlei fought Yuki Kondo. Anthony Joshua fought Pulev while Fury was an option.

Brock had to fight Couture, Mir, Carwin, Cain, Overeem, and Hunt in a row.
DC got Bones, Rumble, Gus, Anderson, Rumble, Bones in a row.
Look at GSP's last 10 or so
Conor did Chad, Aldo, Nate 2x, Eddie, and Khabib in a row
Ronda had to fight Tate, Zingano, Holm, and Amanda (although with less impressive competion in between due to lack of competion)

Dana is not coddling people just because a guy gets a step down after a loss or because the get a Bisping Hendo 2 here and there.

I'm not saying the UFC makes people fight murderer's row, I'm saying Dana's monthly hard-ons get special treatment and quicker paths to title contention or title shots.

The guy stacks the deck by letting good fighters wait forever until they are old or fight so many fights they eventually lose. And yeah, he's supposed to be neutral when publicly speaking, in private, or drunk at a bar, fine, say what you want... But not literally while working, dude was butthurt when GSP beat Hendricks.

Again, where are you getting the idea that a fight promoter is supposed to be neutral? Was don King Neutral about Tyson or Ali, were the Shaws neutral on Kimbo? Was Floyd neutral on Floyd?

after-gsp-hendricks-jpg.829037

After GSP wins decision over Johny...

It was more because Gsp retired after the fight.
He was pissed because Gsp left with the belt more than anything
He didn't care that much about Hendricks

I'm not saying the UFC makes people fight murderer's row, I'm saying Dana's monthly hard-ons get special treatment and quicker paths to title contention or title shots.

His monthly hard ons tend to be good for business. It's not like he's pushing people the casuals hate or won't pay to see. It's not personal. He's making business decisions.

Again, where are you getting the idea that a fight promoter is supposed to be neutral? Was don King Neutral about Tyson or Ali, were the Shaws neutral on Kimbo? Was Floyd neutral on Floyd?

Dana White isn't just a promoter, he's the president of a fight organization.

Dana looked like he had a broken heart at the ufc 257 post press conference.
I too had the same thought. Dana looked absolutely DOWNBEAT and a bit pissed off. It's so obvious. And Ribas losing probably didn't help.

His whole demeanor was sad and low-key. Barely said anything about Poirier doing amazing, he was just gutted that Conor losing means there's no chance of Khabib vs Conor II. And i'm sick of Herb Dean being given McGregor fights. After his performance in Khabib vs Conor he should never officiate ANY title-fight again, *especially* not a McGregor fight and ....what happens??? BANG! There he is again, reffing a McGregor fight. You can bet your bottom dollar that if Conor had rocked Poirier then Dean would be ITCHING to jump in and stop the fight. It's incredibly biased and unprofessional from an experienced ref. Did the same thing with McMann vs Rousey years ago too.
- The whole Herb Dean thing is no coincidence and I agree 100% with @Dionysian

<31>

sorry couldn't help myself

<WhatItIs>

Dana White isn't just a promoter, he's the president of a fight organization.

That's what a promoter is. The UFC opperates under a promoter's license. Yes, the company name is on the belt which is different than say boxing where Golden Boy and the WBC are totally different organizations, but the WBC belt may be defended in a Golden Boy promotion.

However, that doesn't necessetate that he has to like or be happy about who he's belting. He can't try to competitively stack the deck against Jones in an unfair way, that doesn't mean he has to like Jon Jones or smile as he's belting him.

The State Comissions in the US on the other hand, which do influence fight outcomes, they HAVE to be neutral. They by law can not show emotional investment in the outcome. They also have no feduciary responsibilities to generate revenue for investors.

That's what a promoter is. The UFC opperates under a promoter's license. Yes, the company name is on the belt which is different than say boxing where Golden Boy and the WBC are totally different organizations, but the WBC belt may be defended in a Golden Boy promotion.

However, that doesn't necessetate that he has to like or be happy about who he's belting. He can't try to competitively stack the deck against Jones in an unfair way, that doesn't mean he has to like Jon Jones or smile as he's belting him.

The State Comissions in the US on the other hand, which do influence fight outcomes, they HAVE to be neutral. They by law can not show emotional investment in the outcome. They also have no feduciary responsibilities to generate revenue for investors.

Look man, Dana doesn't have to smile, but he doesn't have to get butthurt. The dude ripped professional judges (GSP vs Johny) just because he didn't like the decision. But hey, if the judges thought Henricks won, and people hated the decision, Dana the goof would say "We gotta respect the judges, they saw the fight from their perspective."

The dude doesn't have to be happy, but he's very vocal about his dislike of certain things, that makes him appear unprofessional in my eyes.

You playing dumb or are you serious? It has been catalogued as having the most rule violations in the sports history. 18 fouls. Aided and abetted by Dean. 0 warnings. When Khabib called it out on national TV Rogan did a Freudian slip and openly said on the broadcast "Khabib shouldn't be talking." Rewatch the end of the 3rd to see it.

There is literally not a single more glaring example of fight fixing by refs except maybe Vitor vs Rumble when the fix was in to fire Rumble for missing weight again. Probably even more glaring than that one actually, which was very very obvious.
Lucky Khabib was just that much better than him to where he couldn't lose even with all that cheating.

You forgot Khabib-Conor. That was the biggest UFC meltdown of all time. Buffer was LITERALLY choking back tears as he announced the result. They actually edit the video (for all the Khabib free fight posts of 229 they made after) so you can't see his face announcing the ending now. Dana lied about the governor running for his life. The commission threatened Khabib's livelihood and Dana said they would strip him of the belt to give it to the guy that got choked out. People forget that was clearly the plan on 10-6-18, and Dana stated it openly in the post-fight interview.

It was only when ESPN/public backlash overwhelmed them and video came out of Conor throwing the first punch that they changed their tune. But yeah, those corrupt shitbags were very upset that their fight-fix attempt with "best in the biz" Herb Dean didn't pan out.
Glad you're on top of this for us.

1200px-Manwithtinfoilhat.jpg

Back