• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series (1 thru 5)

who the hell hit Menifeild line again? it was back down to -210 and now back to -325. was just going to add him with over 2.5 for Ige/Gomez. I like Menifield a lot tonight.

solid interview with stewart:

https://mma-today.com/contender-series-kyle-stewart-fighting-greater-purpose

tempted to play the under he knows anything but an impressive finish will not lead to a ufc contract

Going into this fight, Stewart made it very clear that he want to just win. He wants to win emphatically and will be gunning for a finish to impress his potential bosses. “If you go in there and wrestle-hump this dude for three rounds and just hold onto him, they ain’t going to sign you. They want exciting fighters. They want you to go in there and fight like your life depends on it, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do,” promises Stewart. When asked his final prediction how the fight will have ended when all is said and done, Stewart sees there being three potential outcomes. “The fight is going one of three ways. I’m going to knock this guy out, or he’s going to knock me out, or he’s going to quit. If I get knocked out, I’ve accepted that, but it’s not going to hold me back from trying to take his head off.”

Last edited:
solid interview with stewart:

https://mma-today.com/contender-series-kyle-stewart-fighting-greater-purpose

tempted to play the under he knows anything but an impressive finish will not lead to a ufc contract

I'm taking Jackson based on this interview. Was teetering toward taking him anyway, but the fact that Stewart is at least saying he isn't gonna mix up the grappling pushes me over the edge (no idea why he says this... I'm sure Dana won't hold a well-rounded performance against him).

It's not a great matchup for Jackson, but you can count on him to keep improving, and he has the way better camp/experience.

who the hell hit Menifeild line again? it was back down to -210 and now back to -325. was just going to add him with over 2.5 for Ige/Gomez. I like Menifield a lot tonight.

I like Jolly at these odds due to his experience and he can go the full 15. Why are people so high on Menifield in this fight?
He's explosive and could really reach his potential eventually but I see this fight a lot closer on paper than the odds have it.

I like Jolly at these odds due to his experience and he can go the full 15. Why are people so high on Menifield in this fight?
He's explosive and could really reach his potential eventually but I see this fight a lot closer on paper than the odds have it.
Agreed. -/+200 (66.6-33.3%) would be much more reasonable imo.

Menifield is going to knock Jolly out, easily. Probably in the first round. Too bad my books don't have "wins by finish props" for these events.

I hit Menifield's ML incredibly hard, like harder than any other fighter this year. Single-handedly crushed his line further. MUHAHAHAHA. Was fearing a -600 Menifield, and lol'd when I saw the odds this morning. He's going to contribute significantly on a downpayment for my new condo.

THX for the cheeeeeseee

Also on Dan Ige. As for the rest who caaaares.

Let's see if you can see where I am coming from. Jolly faced many cans in his pro ufc career. Most of them had losing records. He gets to the UFC and loses to Misha. Did decent but ended up getting pounded out and stopped in the 1st. Faced Rountree and got brutally KO'd. Is fighting 5 months later after that KO. 2nd fight in almost 2 and a half years. Menfield has 3 finishes already. Just fought in Denver at altitude and didn't looked gassed in the 2nd round. Up and comer. It's possible Jolly tries to wrestle him or clinch him to a win. Now I would not touch Menfield at -325, no way! I did a small parlay when he was -205, but that's about it.

Man I might be crazy and way off but I think that Ryan Spann is going to slice straight through Roberson. Spann

And span we are talking about a fighter who is 6'5" frame and 81" reach. If those physical attributes don't jump off the page then his peer athleticism sure given that he was a former Arena League and CFL professional football player. Spann isn’t a striking juggernaut by any stretch of the imagination but his extraordinarily long limbs allow him to dictate range and touch his opponent up while remaining safe and out of reach.

His athleticism has helped to accelerate his progress by some degree. Specifically, in the wrestling/grappling phases of the the fight. Spann uses his gangly frame to get unorthodox TDs from unique angles. He is especially good at hitting judo throws from the clinch. In particular he loves the O Guruma technique. Spann is so long that when he places his foot across his opponents beltline and positions them on his hip, he can get incredible leverage and use the momentum from it results in a high velocity throw. Once he has his man on the mat, He's really a sharp grappler. He's quickly locking in the body triangle and going for the RNC while controlling his man. Alternatively, if he is off his back he will attack from the guard with triangles and arm bars.

The only reason that I cannot go big on Spann is because Roberson is such a enigma. There is not any real footage out there of his MMA fights for me to judge. I don't know how well he can stop a TD or fair in grappling exchanges. For the most part he has been participating in kickboxing only matches. Participating in GLORY a few times. But watching him in KB Matches is not overly impressive to say the least. He was the mildest by former UFC fighter turned kickboxer Dustin Jacoby His striking leads me to believe that it's not something Spann cannot deal with. While he may be more technical than Spann, Roberson's kick boxing matches demonstrate a fighter with average speed, limited power, low volume, defensive vulnerability and nothing dynamic.

From the training videos I've seen, it appears that Spann should probably be able to get in on his hips and hit the takedowns. Once they are on the mat I think that Spann is just going to be a shark and Roberson his snack.

The other big difference is their strength of schedule. Spann has been competing against really good competition and doing quite well. In fact, I believe that he should've gotten his hand raised against current undefeated UFC fighter Trevin Giles in what was a very competitive fight between the two budding prospects. My confidence in Spann only increased when Giles made his UFC debut and absolutely manhandled his Russian opponent from pillar to post. Ultimately, getting the KO violently in the second round.

At -130 I believe that Spann is worth every dollar and it's worth taking a risk even though Roberson's MMA footage is unavailable. It's not a fight I will bet but not go big on. However, I think Spann is the deserved favorite buy some margin. Worst case scenario is that Spann has to strike with Roberson and I believe he can win a kick boxing match with MMA rules.

My ultron level 10 #megaelite pick is Geoff Neal. I can't believe he's the dog to this bum. Smh @ limits or id bet 5u on +110

short notice up a weight class not bothering you? why so confident?

Think he'll be better everywhere. Those are the only two concerns, not enough to think +110 was an absolute steal

just don't get how it justifies 5 units.. especially w/him gassing out pretty badly a couple fights ago

just don't get how it justifies 5 units.. especially w/him gassing out pretty badly a couple fights ago

waldon is not a big mw, i think the size difference will be negligible.

cardio is the only concern for me.

An underdog who I think is definitely better in every aspect? Seems like the right time for a big bet, only did 4 though. The pace + physicality of the last MW he fought was a big part of him slowing. Waldon is trash, im not impressed with him in the slightest and i'm not sure how he'd use any physicality or grappling to try to slow Neal when Butterfield was having his way with Waldon in that department and Butterfield is not a good athlete

so far just two plays.

to win a half unit on spann -145 (maybe not the best price, but it's not (and won't be) a signifcant wager, so whatever.

unit on the 5 unders (Round robin) like last week. on the "they're gonna go for it" principle.

An underdog who I think is definitely better in every aspect? Seems like the right time for a big bet, only did 4 though. The pace + physicality of the last MW he fought was a big part of him slowing. Waldon is trash, im not impressed with him in the slightest and i'm not sure how he'd use any physicality or grappling to try to slow Neal when Butterfield was having his way with Waldon in that department and Butterfield is not a good athlete

just personally don't see how you could be so confident in your convictions with such little info

but no bet for me (yet), so as of now: wishing ya luck, hehe

just personally don't see how you could be so confident in your convictions with such little info

but no bet for me (yet), so as of now: wishing ya luck, hehe
Not like this is the first time i've only had 2-3 fights to watch on guys. Just gotta pick the right spots, and I think this is a great one where you can get a good sense of the matchup based on recent outings. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Waldon, he probably should've lost to Butterfield who is not very good, and I touted Neal as a legit prospect a few weeks ago when I bet him to beat Bilal. No one has made a case for Waldon outside of bigger guy + short notice, and I think theres good reason for that. Theres really nothing on tape to suggest Waldon can do much here, I was fairly shocked at opening odds.

joined the Neal(+100) wagon since i could not find anything else i really like tonight..

seems like we wont get any props for this card? :( wanted Ige DEC prop

joined the Neal(+100) wagon since i could not find anything else i really like tonight..

seems like we wont get any props for this card? :( wanted Ige DEC prop
There's still time for them to release props!

Back