Dana White: 'We couldn't possibly do enough fights'

Augustus Caesar

ブッブーですわ
@Gold
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fGRQpQb98M

@ the 101:26 mark

That's the thing, you know, when I hear stupid shit like people saying there is too many fights, you're saturating the market. Are you out of your fucking mind? I mean, we're sitting here talking about all these places that people want us to go and, you got to have fighters, you got to have fights to grow a sport bigger. So, we couldn't possibly do enough fights.

Start promoting the damn fighters so nobody is saying "who?" and oversaturation claims will go away quickly.

Start promoting the damn fighters so nobody is saying "who?" and oversaturation claims will go away quickly.
Except if the UFC promotes a guy, and then the guy loses, people bitch that the UFC was selling "bs hype."

Dana's right though. There is more elite talent right now in the world than the UFC has room for. And yet the "fans" still called the cards watered down -- even though the cards are more stacked than they've ever been.

There are too many fights.

The UFC should be reserved for the elite fighters, unfortunately UFC bought much of its competition so they have to run the sport pretty much by themselves, which includes putting on fights that nobody cares about and where the level of skill is very low. Every card seems to have fighters involved that haven't fought a live body during their careers.

There are too many fights.

The UFC should be reserved for the elite fighters, unfortunately UFC bought much of its competition so they have to run the sport pretty much by themselves, which includes putting on fights that nobody cares about and where the level of skill is very low.
And how do you determine who the elite fighters are? They have to fight each other. And where are they going to fight other than the UFC?

Dana White and Joe Silva aren't oracles. They don't know in advance who is going to turn out to be a world champion.

And how do you determine who the elite fighters are? They have to fight each other. And where are they going to fight other than the UFC?

Dana White and Joe Silva aren't oracles. They don't know in advance who is going to turn out to be a world champion.

They would fight each other in promotions other than the UFC if the competition hadn't been bought out or if there was room for new competition without UFC eating up all the space due to the mass amount of cards they put out and talent that they sign.

Then UFC would pick up the best of them, and we would see elite level fighters perform every time in the UFC.

Why should a promoter need to promote? People should just be able to see the UFC name and know they need to buy that shit.

They would fight each other in promotions other than the UFC if the competition hadn't been bought out or if there was room for new competition without UFC eating up all the space due to the mass amount of cards they put out and talent that they sign.

Then UFC would pick up the best of them, and we would see elite level fighters perform every time in the UFC.
We do see the elite fighters perform every time in the UFC.

The UFC is literally like the olympics. They wait until a guy dominates his regional scene, and then he is signed. I mean, look at today's card.

Pawel Pawlak is 10-0 in the regional polish scene
Jotko went 13-0 in the regional polish scene before being signed to the UFC
Pesta went 9-0 in the Czech scene before being signed
Backstrom went 7-0 in the Swedish scene

Of those four fighters, 3 of whom are making their debut today, who doesn't deserve to be in the UFC? They've already proven themselves in the regional scene. Now it's time to fight internationally -- and that's what the UFC is for.

How is a non-UFC regional show going to consistently accommodate international fighters to fight against each other?

Are you suggesting that guys like Laflare, Jon Jones, and Gunnar Nelson were signed to the UFC too quickly too? Because those 3 guys debuted in the EXACT same position as the four guys I just listed above.

I'm already watching a lot of Bellator and AXS so I don't really mind more MMA. People used to wait to watch Magomedov's fight in Russian but I guess now he is just a curtain jerker to you all or whatever.

Having said that I probably will not watch the shows tomorrow because I am busy.

Agree with Dana. How quickly MMA fans have gotten spoiled is kinda gross. Like they are forced to sit back and watch EVERY fight on every UFC card. As if its not fucken easy as shit to maneuver around to watch the fights that you do want to see. There are more great fights going on in the UFC then ever before, maybe they are more spread out and on free tv instead of PPV but thats hardly a reason to complain.

Listening it this guy he sounds like he actually believes the shit he's saying.

I don't know it's a lie, therefore it isn't a lie.

Over saturation claims wouldn't even be there if the fighters got promoted properly.

And lmfao at the UFC not promoting fighters enough.

There are nearly 500 fighters currently signed to the UFC. How the fuck can they promote them all meaningfully?

The UFC's job is to give them their shot in the spotlight. If they impress, then they can be promoted.

I watch a lot of MMA that is not the UFC and I see talent all the time. The UFC isn't even really scratching the surface in some areas, especially Eastern Europe.

I don't care what Dana says but I can speak for myself. I spend much less money on UFC or MMA in general because there is just too much of it. I used to fork over the cash for PPV's when it used to be once a month with the occasional televised fight night, and now I stream everything because it's just too expensive to keep up with, and now I am used to the lesser stream quality.

EndlessCritic is killing it in this thread, but I have to highlight one post in particular:

Except if the UFC promotes a guy, and then the guy loses, people bitch that the UFC was selling "bs hype."

That is a great point, I have honestly never looked at it like that.

I watch a lot of MMA that is not the UFC and I see talent all the time. The UFC isn't even really scratching the surface in some areas, especially Eastern Europe.
Oh come on, everyone knows the UFC is full of bums, and if you aren't in the UFC, you're 100% a bum.

That's why, when I see a fighter I've never heard of, I say he sucks and that the card is watered down.

-Sherdog logic

Back