Dana White: UFC Plan To Kill SF From The Start "Couldn't Be Further From The Truth"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by doherty, Dec 27, 2012.

1. doherty

doherty Black Belt

2. Free_MMAson

Free_MMAson Banned Banned

<<<Official version to make anti-monopoly regulators happy>>>

3. elvis 78

elvis 78 Brown Belt

So you wanted to help the organization by cherry picking 2 over it's biggest stars ( overeem & Diaz ) as soon as humanly possible ?

4. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

If Strikeforce could have managed itself, it wouldn't have even been up for sale.

5. KaySlay

KaySlay Blue Belt

what's the big deal.. why wouldn't people just want the talent to come over to UFC? makes for more interesting fights

6. phoenixikki

phoenixikki Black Belt

Wisdow indeed sir

7. FEDORRULEZ

FEDORRULEZ Black Belt

i dont care . same good fighters . strikeforce or ufc... may eb even better if they all under 1 roof

8. What about the NFL, NBA, MBL and NASCAR?

Anti-monopoly regulaitons are to protect the consumer from arbirtrary rates increases on things like electricty. There is no place for it in entertainment for it is not an essential, but a luxury. In entertainment, it self regulates.

9. QTdd**

QTdd** Green Belt

They own StrikeForce.

10. jthatdude

jthatdude Brown Belt

Hasn't Dana already been confirmed the biggest liar in MMA history? If he hasn't yet, this should do it.

11. Exactly. Any promotion that wants to challenge the UFC for the top spot and gets into financial trouble, will get swallowed. Strikeforce had a contract with Showtime when Zuffa bought it, so they had to honor the contract. Zuffa lied to save face, but everyone knew.

12. Confirmed? How so? In MMA history?

I know that DW is no saint, but come on now.

13. aker2703

aker2703 Banned Banned

yep, and now it is dead, we can all be happy for the fighters that were stuck in purgatory because of showtime.

14. Dezolis**

Dezolis** Banned Banned

No. That's usually not why one business buys another. Profitable businesses are bought out all the time. I haven't seen any credible source about SF being in serious financial trouble. The owners sold it because they were offered an offer they couldn't refuse.

15. Ecker707

Ecker707 Purple Belt

body in the 916, heart in the 707, and my minds in
    @15:00 whats the sherdog beef w/ dana?

16. TH1RTE3N

TH1RTE3N Black Belt

Doesn't bother me none. I don't care if it's the UFC (although I prefer their elbows allowed rules) but for the most part I just want most of the best fighters to be able to fight each other.

17. aker2703

aker2703 Banned Banned

rubbish, the owners were shopping strikeforce all around town. strikeforce over extended itself, payed way to much for fedor/hendo/overeem and without PPV revenue they were paying out more than taking in.

dave meltzer (mma reporter) said that although the HEAVYWEIGHT GP had all the hardcores moist as hell, it infact was the catalyst for the demise of strikeforce.

18. maximus874

maximus874 Green Belt

Of course they were gonna shut it down. That was obvious to anyone. Why even listen to the Yackity yack. They could not come out and say it, but how could they possibly not shut it down. The one thing they could have done with it that they didn't do was to run it as a minor league operation. Use it as a real feeder to the UFC. That would have cut out showtime but it is the only option for what could really be done with one company owning the other.

19. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

I'm glad Dana is swallowing organizations that can't sustain themselves; having all the best fighters under one promotional banner is the absolute best thing for the fans.

That said, of course this is going to be Dana's public opinion on the issue. He's not going to be blatantly anti-competitive while everyone is watching, that would be stupid. The only annoying thing about it is you kids acting like you're seriously calling him out on it, like he doesn't already realize and would actually give a shit.

20. aker2703

aker2703 Banned Banned

i think there was more than one, but the main beef was josh gross (i think) leaked the finalists for TUF 1 or 2. this pissed dana off which is why he pulled their credentials.

i think around 2-3 years ago sherdog got the credentials back, but something else happened and they were pulled again