• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White says TUF is "not going anywhere" and TNCS will get more seasons

the last season is alright if you ignore Cody acting like a teenager

Part of UFC's recent issues for me, is everything feels & looks the same

I agree. Every fight card should look slightly different from a productional aspect, especially if they´re in foreign countries like Japan, later this year. The posters, the intros to the cards, even the intro-music, the look of the octagon, etc.
That would make it easier to promote, it would feel fresh and local media will be more inclined to pick up on it - maybe paint the canvas of the octagon like a japanese flag or some shit. lol
Also fighters all look the same, since the reebok deal. Even corner banners are gone.

I agree. Every fight card should look slightly different from a productional aspect, especially if they´re in foreign countries like Japan, later this year. The posters, the intros to the cards, even the intro-music, the look of the octagon, etc.
That would make it easier to promote, it would feel fresh and local media will be more inclined to pick up on it - maybe paint the canvas of the octagon like a japanese flag or some shit.

This

But ....
Expect to see a big difference in 2019 if Fox takes over the production as rumored.
Keeping the production of TV events in house was something Lorenzo insisted on.
WME from get-go was open for that change

So we might get 2-3 different looks
Fox
PPV
FP

Kinda on the fence about TUF. The show itself sucks, but it always produces at least a couple decent fighters from every season that end up being top talents. Just seems like it's time to move on to something else.

Tuf is ok. They just do it to much. Why do you need to do it every year?

Why not do it every two-three years? Get people who are actually interesting coaching it

Only tuf season i watched in full was rampage-rashad.....

It wasn't because of the fighters...

contender series is awesome, but TUF...............

<DCrying>

just don't put healthy and elite fighters there, dumbasses

There's all kinds of guys on the show, but there are also a lot of guys there that are like this

and you get to watch them all fight eachother in a tournament for their dream. Show is pretty intense to say the least. The blood, sweat and tears these guys put in front of the cameras over the four weeks they are there is all real. How can you not love that?

Why not do it every two-three years? Get people who are actually interesting coaching it

They should do it every year.
The twice a year is the issue

I initially interpreted the 'tuf not going anywhere' comment as if they were thinking the show doesn't have legs and it's time to scrap it.

I initially interpreted the 'tuf not going anywhere' comment as if they were thinking the show doesn't have legs and it's time to scrap it.

I think a lot thought TNCS was replacing TUF
I would not have been surprised, but I guess Fox is happy with it & right now that is a huge priority for WME

Umm... the UFC now has 11 divisions. What, is doing 2 divisions per year (ie: a division every 5 years) too much?

Umm... the UFC now has 11 divisions. What, is doing 2 divisions per year (ie: a division every 5 years) too much?
I mean for a tv show probably...

Especially when it doesn't really have interesting coaches

Are you interested in seeing flyweights and wmma coaches

TUF's not going anywhere, because it still brings in ad revenue (the most important thing), and filling a 24 hour sports network with content is not easy.

If they did one TUF a year it would be easier to consume since we are 12+ years into it
But it must make everyone money & this announcement after a rumored deal with Fox was agreed to is a telling sign

Agreed. Twice a year is too much.

Sherdog: Bitches for years about the UFC not having tournaments, but says TUF sucks.

GTFO.

Exactly.

As always with Dana
Go with the opposite of what he says

.. so

YAY tuf is over

I knew it wasn't going anywhere but weren't this seasons ratings god awful, possibly the worst they've had?

The last season did very well?

Please no more seasons full of complete bonafide journeyman. It was god awful ad so were most of the fights.

I like tuf but I don't see y u should continue with tuf when u have the contender series? But I'm happy both r running tho.

I quite like TUF. I like the extra dimension to the fighters that we get to see. The reality show squabbling is also fun, too, like when Tim Elliot showed his brass balls by not taking shit from Julian Lane and Seth Baczynski, despite them being four weightclasses above him.

DWTNCS is pretty solid, too. Some really crazy fights and brutal stoppages so far.

Apparently the last season of TUF did very well, and Tuesday Night Contender Series "is killing it for them", so both shows are going to continue.
He also says that at the beginning more people were watching the standard commentary, but now the majority of the viewers of TNCS are watching snoop-cast:

other news:
-Next "Looking for a Fight" episode on youtube will be in Cuba.
-He also commented on "Zuffa Boxing", says he will let everyone know when "it's time"
-some Conor Mctapper bullshit
-also says Mairbek Taisumov is the best LW in the division (ok, I made that one up).

I'm not that happy about TUF being continued, many people speculated that the next season would be the last one. Who the fuck watches that shit?
But continuing DWTNCS is great news (and was already leaked, basically).

I watch TUF every season and i find it hilarious why people would complain about the show when you just DONT WATCH IT.

Fucking retards. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back