Dana White plans for TUF World Cup:

Way to rape the word ''world cup''. Call it TUF international or something.

That's asking a lot. The only guys doing that in combat sports to my knowledge are Floyd and Pac, and even their numbers are dropping.

Yeah but they're doing well over 500k, Floyd's last fight was considered a flop at 900k PPV buys. His fight before that sold 2.2 million, even Pacquiao got 750-800k which is well over 500k. I will admit, 500k is a tad high but I'm talking an MMA leading star in PPV buys. GSP was averaging over 700k against just about anyone, Anderson was really coming into his own as a PPV star. Jones is current averaging about 500k as a headliner with a big rematch in prospect, so that is a good thing. Like I said though, he's in a shallow division with not much prospect to it after Gus and Cormier. They need someone else who can sell PPVs.

We must ask Dana will this TUF World Cup be neck and neck with Soccer World Cup

World cup with 4 countries? wtf Dana. I mean i like the basic idea but you need more countries for it to be a real world cup.

Haven't watched an episode of TUF in years. I'm gonna keep it that way.

We must ask Dana will this TUF World Cup be neck and neck with Soccer World Cup

2010 FIFA World Cup's final: 1 billion people watching worldwide.
UFC 100: 1.6 million people watching worldwide.

Looks neck and neck enough for me.

Sounds like an excuse to add more mediocre, low paid fighters to the ufc scene and pretend they're big fights

Back