• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White on Tito Managing Cyborg: She

Tito shouldn't be talking for anyone, even if English is their second language.

Dana's just mad that Tito took 51% of WMMA. Everyone knows who the best female fighter is.

i don't disagree.

she could have come to the UFC and not immediately fought Ronda. instead she (well, they, her & Tito) made a big deal about it all, drew a line in the sand....and lost.

2 women's weight classes would have been awesome. instead she's fighting around the world for pennies.

this clearly is bothering dana since it is a fedor-type situation where the ufc would love her to fight under their banner, but since she isn't they will disparage her and her people.

Tito is not smart at all, but Dana is just mad that Cyborg is not in Zuffa's hands.

I found it hilarious Dana qualifies Tito as being "the dumbest in the sport - literally the dumbest in the sport".

this clearly is bothering dana since it is a fedor-type situation where the ufc would love her to fight under their banner, but since she isn't they will disparage her and her people.
Except White was right that Fedor's management was terrible and stupid, and he's right that having Tito of all people as a manager is pretty crazy.

Tito's main talent was hyping up his own fights, but he can't string a normal sentence together. And he has zero experience as a manager. Why would you want him as your manager? It doesn't make sense.

He's not disparaging Santos, he's disparaging her manager who from all accounts has been doing a crap job.

That was at the media scrum in Rio. If you watch the thing, it's all fun and games, laughing and joking, until Tito comes up, and Dana's face just totally changes. He pretty much starts yelling into space. Dude really hates Tito.

It's hard to agree but also very hard to disagree. Tito was one of the first to create his own brand to create continuous revenue, get sponsors on his shorts and sponsor flags, and stuck in the UFC for years and making bank despite rarely ever winning.

That said holy shit does he make some absolutely ridiculous decisions and claims. I don't understand why Tito had Cyborg refuse the UFC's deal to promote her, pay her, and give her UFC medical benefits while letting her fight in Invicta until the UFC could figure out what to do with her... to then turn around and just sign with Invicta. What the actual fuck? Was there that much of a pay discrepancy that she wouldn't have benefited from being promoted by the UFC as being the one challenge Rousey dodged in Strikeforce? No idea why she chose Tito to be her manager.

Except White was right that Fedor's management was terrible and stupid, and he's right that having Tito of all people as a manager is pretty crazy.

Tito's main talent was hyping up his own fights, but he can't string a normal sentence together. And he has zero experience as a manager. Why would you want him as your manager? It doesn't make sense.

How was Fedor's management terrible and stupid when they got Fedor a better deal than what the UFC was offering?

I found it hilarious Dana qualifies Tito as being "the dumbest in the sport - literally the dumbest in the sport".

This.

Tito dumber than Roy Nelson? Thats a stretch.

Although Tito did marry Jenna Jameson.

tito has pretty good name recognition which can draw sponsors, higher purses, etc. i don't blame her. wmma is a niche within a niche. don't blame cyborg for trying to use her manager's name recognition to her advantage....apparently it is working since dana is commenting on the situation

I get the same feeling.

Putting one's career in the hands of someone as blatantly stupid as Tito is insanity.

Someone should make a Youtube video compilation of Dana verbally shitting on Tito. It would last at least 6-7 hours.

Back