Dana White on 'game changer' Cormier and Jones vs Gustafsson II

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/21130-dana-white-on-game-changer-cormier-and-jones-gustafsson-ii

UFC president Dana White today reaffirmed his belief that the light heavyweight title rematch between Jon Jones and leading contender Alexander Gustafsson will go down this August, despite the champion stalling on signing for the fight.

Gustafsson has already signed on the dotted line for the title rematch, pencilled in for UFC 177 and set for Las Vegas, but Team Jones are locked in contractual negotiations with the UFC that have stalled any fight announcement. White hopes it

Blah, Blah, Promote, Promote, really nothing to see

Sorry TS -- not a comment on you, just am so not interested in anything he says anymore

Blah, Blah, Promote, Promote, really nothing to see

Sorry TS -- not a comment on you, just am so not interested in anything he says anymore

This.

Who gives a shit what that lying frack says

"He looked unbelievable against the kid we pulled out of the coffee shop"

lol

I would rather see Jones vs DC honestly, Gus can fight the winner. That or he can fight someone top 5, like Rumble. Or anyone really.

I kind of hope Jones and his team push the fight back to late September, early October just to see what Dana White will do.

I love Hendo and I'm sure he's strong as a bull, but there's no way he's the strongest guy Cormier has faced. The guy trains virtually every day with Cain Velasquez and has faced the likes of Josh Barnett and Bigfoot Silva. No way Hendo is stronger than any of those guys.

I love Hendo and I'm sure he's strong as a bull, but there's no way he's the strongest guy Cormier has faced. The guy trains virtually every day with Cain Velasquez and has faced the likes of Josh Barnett and Bigfoot Silva. No way Hendo is stronger than any of those guys.

Dana hyperbole.

Hes absolutely right in this scenario. For once.

I expect Jones to show his cowardly roots and avoid fighting either as long as possible. He knows his time as champion is coming to an end and hes grasping at straws just to hold on as long as possible.

im not saying bones is better than fedor or Anderson but if he gets past gus and cormier and maybe Rumble if he destroys rogerio, you have to put bones in the same breath as fedor and Anderson. Jones is amazing beyond words.

im not saying bones is better than fedor or Anderson but if he gets past gus and cormier and maybe Rumble if he destroys rogerio, you have to put bones in the same breath as fedor and Anderson. Jones is amazing beyond words.

As much as I dislike Jones, he easily surpasses Fedor and Anderson if he beats those guys.

Well don't be so sure. Just about everyone who ever faced Dan always mentions how damn strong he is. And the guys who trained with him over the years talk about it too. Josh and Bigfoot are obviously way bigger and bring a different type problem to the mix but as far as grappling strength I can take DC at his word. It's that damn "old man" strength people always talk about. I will say it didn't really show in the fight but maybe he felt it while Dan scrambled and latched on to bodyparts or whatever.

Well don't be so sure. Just about everyone who ever faced Dan always mentions how damn strong he is. And the guys who trained with him over the years talk about it too. Josh and Bigfoot are obviously way bigger and bring a different type problem to the mix but as far as grappling strength I can take DC at his word. It's that damn "old man" strength people always talk about. I will say it didn't really show in the fight but maybe he felt it while Dan scrambled and latched on to bodyparts or whatever.

You really believe that old man Hendo, who was underweight and coming off test when Cormier tossed him around with ease, was stronger than a guy like Monson, who is significantly larger and actually stuffed all of Cormier's TD attempts?

The only thing that's worse than Dana's constant stream of verbal diarrhea is the fact that there are people who still take everything that he says at face value.

You really believe that old man Hendo, who was underweight and coming off test when Cormier tossed him around with ease, was stronger than a guy like Monson, who is significantly larger and actually stuffed all of Cormier's TD attempts?

The only thing that's worse than Dana's constant stream of verbal diarrhea is the fact that there are people who still take everything that he says at face value.

While I do think Monson is the stronger of the two and that DC was just complimenting Dan because he thinks so highly of him, I'm not so sure he couldn't have taken down Monson if he wanted to. I think he was just avoiding Monson's ground game and getting in some striking experience. The TD attempts were just to keep him on guard.

My main point was that I doubt Cormier even said it. Dana probably just making shit up.

Like the other poster said, likely Dana hyperbole. DC probably said something like, "Damn, Hendo was stronger that I thought he'd be" or something along those lines.

Will you guys stop with the "Jones is a coward" bullshit? Its not going to work. You're not going to rush him into signing a contract he doesn't like.

He isn't stalling, he is negotiating a contract. He is #1 in his division. He is #1 p4p. And basically undefeated.

You guys complain about fighter pay, but as soon as a fighter has some leverage, you want him to immediately sign a contract he doesn't like. Its obsurd.

He isn't afraid of Gustafson. He beat that guy already. Stop with the nonsense. He is basically in Fedor's position (when dana made an offer) and holding out for what that position deserves. He's not going to rush negotiations because you taunt him. Remember ufc 151? Fan and media pressure didn't work then and won't work now.

Im sure that if it wasn't time for a new contract, the bout agreement would have already been signed.

My main point was that I doubt Cormier even said it. Dana probably just making shit up.

Like the other poster said, likely Dana hyperbole. DC probably said something like, "Damn, Hendo was stronger that I thought he'd be" or something along those lines.

Naw, Cormier said he was the strongest guy he's ever faced while doing an interview on the postfight show. He mentioned it while they were showing the clip of him tossing Dan. Pretty sure you can find a clip of it.

Back