News Dana white okey with Conor McGregor titleshot if the champ wants it

Joinho10

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

FMxR-8TWUA0FIkT

Thoughts on this folks? I personally think if UFC allows this we cant take this sport serious anymore the integrity of the sport will be in the gutter.

Btw don't get this confused with me hating on Conor I just don't think a guy that hasn't won in LW for nearly SIX YEARS should get a titleshot.

FMxR-8TWUA0FIkT

Thoughts on this folks? I personally think if UFC allows this we cant take this sport serious anymore the integrity of the sport will be in the gutter.

Btw don't get this confused with me hating on Conor I just don't think a guy that hasn't won in LW for nearly SIX YEARS should get a titleshot.

Sports entertainment.

Same reason why Gaethje got the TS before Islam.

Listen, his two losses to Dustin, the front runner, were flukes. Both have to do with busted legs. I say he's still a top front-runner. Charly wants it. The UFC wants it. Conor wants it. The whole world wants it. Go baby!

Two sides to this:

On one hand, fuck Conor because he doesn't deserve a title shot.

On the other hand, it would be nice to see Charles (or whoever is the champ at the time) get a big payday.

Imagine something like that for someone like Charles who grew up poor, gives back to his community, and has been competing at the highest levels of MMA for at least his entire adult life.

Ufc setting themselves up to have a champ that isn't active doing this, it's like they don't learn from their mistakes.

Nothing Conor has done recently shows us that he's gonna beat any of the champs currently though, so whatever. Throw him Usman, atleast he has less losses at 170 recently.

The UFC won't pull the trigger on this. The timing is just all wrong for Conor to leapfrog Makachev like this on two rough losses. You all know it deep inside.

Two sides to this:

On one hand, fuck Conor because he doesn't deserve a title shot.

On the other hand, it would be nice to see Charles (or whomever is the champ at the time) get a big payday.
Second part is literally the only good thing about it but it would come at the cost of a more deserving opponent so it's still like ughh...

Looking to make a buck over run a legitimate sports league. This has been UFC’s game forever and nobody should be shocked. This will continue until they get rid of the ppv model and may continue even then.

Its not a conspiracy, it's sports entertainment.

Understandable too, a pure sport MMA promotion wouldn't pay the bills.

Best thread you ever made, honestly. It let me know that nut hugging Islam was more important than making sense to you. It was a phenomenal thread. Like you popping in here and crying about the title shot, lol. Just beautiful stuff.

Second part is literally the only good thing about it but it would come at the cost of a more deserving opponent so it's still like ughh...

Who knows when Conor comes back. Maybe by then Justin and Islam would have already gotten their title shots.

I still agree with you though. There are other guys (besides Justin and Islam) that deserve it more but if those guys get their shot first, it wouldn't be as bad.

Back