Media Dana White offers explanations for delay in Conor McGregor's UFC return

The UFC is shelving Conor for strategic business reasons, in large part because Conor is nearing the end of his contract. Any other explanation is just a red herring.

Silva was out for one year and one month. Chris was out for two years and 4 months. Conor has been out for 2 years and 7 months so he already passed both of them.
How'd that work out for them?

FullCamp Conor is born!!
Bro has enough money to get the best recovery treatment in the world on his leg
i think it’s the partying and substances
{<Mcgoat}

Yeah but, I broke my ankle/leg in almost the exact same way. In fact may even be worse than Conor's, I don't know the details of his break, but with mine... fibula and tibia / multiple ankle joint bones and shin bone (titanium shin bone!), and, yeah they had to keep re-breaking it (had me on fentanyl for the pain) whilst I'm awake, to try align it... almost lost my foot because they couldn't get blood supply flowing back properly...

It's recovered now. Well, the new bone has fused and I can walk. Still feels sore n fucked up and I got plates and shit still in there...

But the injury was very similar. My point is - it don't matter how much money you got, there's nothing much anyone can do but try hold your leg together and let new bone and tendons and shit grow. Like most things in medicine man made... most of it is bullshit and your body does all the work really. They just stick fkn plates n shit in there to hold it together whilst that happens. So he could have had steroids and this n that to try speed the process up, but, it's gon heal how his body heals it, money can't improve that. He'd just have had faster surgery and a nicer hospital bed lol. And some bullshit pills and perhaps shit to speed it up but, nothing magical money can buy to fix this better.

He looks to be walking n kicking p damn well, so I think he's lucky.

It looks like he is trying to say Conor wants to come back,but we arent willing to pay him the top dollar if he's barely training,and just coming in for a payday.
That's the best interpretation I've seen so far. Basically, in one breath conman is begging for a fight and posting training videos. Then in the next breath he's posting drunken party videos from his yacht.

Tl, DR - "Conor stopped answering my calls"
Obviously this is not it

Conor: I cant believe the UFC is treating me like this, I want to fight

you can say a lot of things about mcgregor but when he says he’s ready to fight he shows up. This is a ridiculous take. It’s obvious they aren’t giving him a fight until he signs an extension

you can say a lot of things about mcgregor but when he says he’s ready to fight he shows up. This is a ridiculous take. It’s obvious they aren’t giving him a fight until he signs an extension

that Conor is long gone, let him go

he shows up for like 2 minutes his last few fights

Reactions: lsa
Or just a wild guess here Conor has two fights left on his contract and he offered to do UFC 300 but to close up his contract after that opening up wild negotiations: boxing, UFC, PFL, self promotion, whatever.

Wouldn’t Conor only start a full camp of the fight were to be announced? He’s already been out longer than anyone else who’s broken their leg. Nice try Dana, we know you don’t want him to fight out his contract

Anderson completely snapped his tibia and fibula and accepted a fight 213 days later, despite also having more than enough money and legacy.

Chris also had a full snap of his tibia and fibula and had to have a second surgery, probably partly because he returned to training within 2 months, and was out 772 days.

Conor had stress fractures in his tibia and has been out 949 days and counting

Wouldn’t Conor only start a full camp of the fight were to be announced? He’s already been out longer than anyone else who’s broken their leg. Nice try Dana, we know you don’t want him to fight out his contract

Yeah Dana isn't very good at lying through interviews, bringing up Conor being in Roadhouse and his other businesses lol. Such a diversion. I guess ultimately he has to deflect though since he's not going to air the dirty laundry in public regarding whatever behind the scenes negotiations he's having with Conor.

'Doesn't need the money' is such telling U Fight Cheap logic, which of course goes back to Dana's past statements about wanting to keep fighters desperate.

The front man promoter is out there just casually admitting that nobody who actually has some money would ever fight for his bum fight organization because there is no incentive to.

You think Canelo 'needs' the money to keep fighting?

Obviously this is not it

Conor: I cant believe the UFC is treating me like this, I want to fight
Conor doesn't need to fight on the UFC's terms

TKO owns the UFC, and Dana has bosses to answer to.

The Saudi investors have called for Conor to fight in Saudi Arabia. I am certain they will compensate him on top of the UFC's pay. Conor's been at multiple events in Saudi if I'm not mistaken, as a guest of the Royal Family.

It's up to the UFC to put the pieces together

Conor doesn't need to fight on the UFC's terms

TKO owns the UFC, and Dana has bosses to answer to.

The Saudi investors have called for Conor to fight in Saudi Arabia. I am certain they will compensate him on top of the UFC's pay. Conor's been at multiple events in Saudi if I'm not mistaken, as a guest of the Royal Family.

It's up to the UFC to put the pieces together
Well if they have that power,they have yet to exert it.

That's the best interpretation I've seen so far. Basically, in one breath conman is begging for a fight and posting training videos. Then in the next breath he's posting drunken party videos from his yacht.

Yacht has gym tho and what might look like Conor "getting drunk" is just him carb-loading after/before a hard workout.

Back