• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dana White Finally Addresses Francis Ngannou KO Loss

These guys think Dana should've let his reigning HW Champ risk getting massacred in boxing like he did by AJ, without even being willing to give the UFC a cut of he action.

It doesn't make any sense for the UFC, but chasing the money fights and ducking Jones and leaving the sport somehow makes Francis a hero around here. (Before anyone says Francis didn't duck Jones, watch his interview with Helwani Jones was up for it and Francis said no to the $8m)
Francis and Jones did not duck each other, in the 2 year span of Francis being HW Champ, there was no realistic way the fight could have ever happened.

Has anyone from MMA actually WON a fucking boxing match yet?

I get its all for the cash grab, but I can't even remember a single W.

I’m not a Dana hater like many in here, but this seems a bit uncalled for and harsh on Francis tbh.
this is the most tame thing dana could have said

Really funny how these poor guys who are so insecure in their masculinity have to project it outward. Do you think I care that some goofball on the internet said something I said was feminine? You realize you are not on Redditt, right? You realize others who aren't insecure aren't upset by something like that in the way you are, right?

Again, the promoter was a pro fighter, are you daft? I already said that.

You were the one that started this conversation by defending Dana like you were HIS little girl. I was just stating my opinion. You got all butthurt and responded.
Dana White was never a professional fighter. He has 0 professional fights.

When Dana is gone I predict all of you people who claim to hate him will suddenly miss the hell out of him. Love him of hate him Dana is one of the few things keeping MMA alive. When he's gone I can't imagine myself watching anymore. It will truly be the end of an era.

Dana white will never make another dime off frank. And Frank has made millions ad will make more. That's all that matters. I don't really care what he thinks because he's proven over and over again he's a terrible PERSON.

When Dana is gone I predict all of you people who claim to hate him will suddenly miss the hell out of him. Love him of hate him Dana is one of the few things keeping MMA alive. When he's gone I can't imagine myself watching anymore. It will truly be the end of an era.

MMA has succeeded dispite Dana white not because of him.

Was true statement. He didn't really talk down on Francis and take digs at him. Just basically MMA fighters shouldn't box wit professional boxers.
James Toney vs Randy Couture 2010 august :)

He didn't say a single thing that was wrong or out of line. That might bother some people.
LMAO yes he did say plenty wrong. He is still sore from what Francis accomplished by turning bis back on him.

Dana said "you fight a pro boxer thats what happens'. Well, it did this time but the last fight he went to a split decision with the reigning HW champion. So no, its obviously not "what happens" since it didnt 50% of the time so far with Ngannou. Or maybe he is referring to the Mercer fight with ex UFC Champ Sylvia in MMA?

Dana said "If Fury had trained that would have happened' - speculative nonsense, we only know that Fury did obviously do some training and the result was he got put on his ass. He does not have Joshuas power and Francis was a surprise at the time.

Dana is just a sore loser and miser to the fighters. If Ngannou was still in the UFC for these crossover bouts he would be doing a total 180 in all his comments including shilling Ngannou to the gills.

He's not wrong but you can tell he was livid about how Francis Fury went. His response at the time was something like "it was crazy, Pettis beat RJJ now this"

Ngannou might have lost, but he will always live rent free in Dana's head.

When goofcon is gone, the world will be a better place.
What are you talking about? He didn't take any cheap shots. He reiterated his opinion and made it about his thoughts on the subject in general, not directed at Francis.

Disagree.

Styles make fights and Joshua or a much more devastating puncher and finisher than Fury.

Some fighters are more capable of carrying their looney than others. Fury and Mayweather may be better than Joshua and Canelo on pure boxing terms, but if you’re an MMA fighter stepping into the ring, you’re going to be for a significantly worse situation fighting the latter.

Basically, Firy would’ve won more clearly, but it’s unlikely he would’ve simply bossed Ngannou to the extent AJ did.

He didn't make a whole drama shitshow about it, and yet shertards are still upset about it. They literally want him to talk shit about Ngannou's loss so that they can piss and moan some more. All the while pretending that a more measured response like this one from Dana White is what they prefer.

A lot of people in life are unhappy when they don't have enough things to complain about. They actually feel better when they can complain more.

Back