Dana White doesn't know why Jon Jones hasn't signed his UFC contract

I know what youre saying but jones didnt shut down when he was getting beat up, He lost the first 3 rounds and he rallied back and give it his all in the last 2. He didnt give up, I don't think he's afraid of adversity.

Jones honestly knows he is 50/50 with gus and hes probably getting 2 million a titlefight, if he loses his title he will probably get like 200-500,000 for a non titlefight and maybe even as a challenger fighting for his title.

He probably just wants to cash in as much as possible before possibly losing those big pay days.

He may even be trying to secure better non title fight money in his contract negotiations because he knows this is 50/50 fight with gus.

I dont think hes scared of a 50/50 fight tho, hes just being smart financially or at least thats what i take away from this.

That's just semantics. Maybe use the word concerned rather than scared. Either way he doesn't want the Gus fight.

His last two PPVs did like 300k buys. He does not get to dictate his own terms.

It's all relative, particularly if his buys are more than the other champs (which they seem to be, and certainly would be in a matchup vs Gus or Cormier - both of which will be great fights for him and fans.) Not sure either would reach 1 million buys, but they'd likely be in the 700-800k range, which blows any other current champ out of the water.

Jon Jones is still under contract with the UFC. What he won't sign is a bout agreement to fight Gustafsson. He wants to fight Cormier. Jones is no where near out of contract with the UFC. Maybe he can demand special terms but in Boxing fighters usr that as a ducking technique to price themself out of a fight.

I didn't realize that. I thought this was a contract renewal complication.

Dont care much for Jones personally but I'm on his side 100 percent. Ive been around mma long enough to know the sleazy tactics of Dana. Thats why he isn't saying anything...he doesn't like it at all...ask him. Being very vague. He knows damn well what the deal is.

How the fuck is this sleazy? Dana probably knows why he wouldn't sign, whether its money or he thinks its a bad matchup, but it seems Dana is respecting Jones by not disclosing what the reason is. He could say, Jones wants more money, or he could say Jones is scared he might lose but instead he says "ask him" and this is a sleazy tactic?!

The guy is under contract! Don't see how he could refuse

Back