Dana White discrediting Boxing

lmao

There are big boxing cards on all the time with fighters on the card being paid under $1000 for the fight. And you think UFC fighters are being underpaid?

Yes they are. Is what a no-name boxer makes on an undercard mean he's being underpaid?

The UFC actually underpays their main eventers, the stars that are actually capable of bringing in 500K plus in PPVs.

It says alot about what type of product they provide. Which is a WWE style "sports entertainment" product.

In boxing the best fighters climb the ranks and get the biggrest fights and the most money.

In the UFC, the fighters who talk the best might not even be in the top 10 but the UFC can market them ala the WWE marketing the Undertaker and voila, they are headlining cards.

Obviously the crap UFC cards dont deserve to make as much money.

Are you fucking serious about this best boxers get the biggest fights and most money bullshit? In a sport where fighters are free agents there is more ducking than in a dodgeball tournament. Then there is also the issue of fights being thrown all of the time.

I've seen around half of the Dana White UFC Berlin pre-fight interview (it's about 40 minutes long depending on which channel you view it on) and one member of the media told him that what do you think about the fight in England (between Carl Froch and George Groves), you have Froch making

Remember MMA is a sport where an undefeated contender like ben askren can't even get signed by the ufc. And to make matters worse they have plenty of shit prospects at ww that askren would murder, but dana said it's because he needs more experience. So that's what you're working with when you listen to Dana, a head full of WTF

Yes they are. Is what a no-name boxer makes on an undercard mean he's being underpaid?

The UFC actually underpays their main eventers, the stars that are actually capable of bringing in 500K plus in PPVs.

you can't blame the ufc for cheaping it up if they can get away with it. Once a star leaves or some other star in another org is able to pull PPV numbers outside the ufc, decent numbers at least, you'll see things change a bit - maybe

you can't blame the ufc for cheaping it up if they can get away with it. Once a star leaves or some other star in another org is able to pull PPV numbers outside the ufc, decent numbers at least, you'll see things change a bit - maybe

I don't blame the UFC for doing what they're doing. It's smart business to underpay where you can and use that money to invest back into your business or to save. I just think it's dumb for posters on here to not realize that UFC underpays their fighters.

Like when Lorenzo said the UFC paid in the neighborhood of 50% of their revenue to fighters like other leagues do. In reality that number has been estimated to be close to 25%.

Remember MMA is a sport where an undefeated contender like ben askren can't even get signed by the ufc. And to make matters worse they have plenty of shit prospects at ww that askren would murder, but dana said it's because he needs more experience. So that's what you're working with when you listen to Dana, a head full of WTF
The Askren debacle is a serious embarrassment to MMA. Both Bellator and the UFC fucked the dog on this one.

Dana and his diarrhea mouth at it again. I cant believe people still take him serious or even listen to a fucking word he says...

People don't like comparing the payouts to the fighters on boxing cards with those on MMA cards because they don't want to admit that fighters in the UFC are being underpaid. They also want to make up excuses as to why they're being underpaid and how the UFC needs to keep most of the money to re-invest in the company because they need to grow the sport.
I dont really think its excuses. A lot of money probably is being reinvested. They have 500 fighters and many other non fighter employees on payroll.

Its a double edged sword. If yo trim down the roster, your bottom guys can make more. But then you have the guys who you cut who sill be making less.

Dispite the arguments and what side yku are on, I think we would all like to see these guys get paid more. But none of us know enough about their budget to really have an opinion beyond that.

If Bellator or another organization would become competitive enough to start bidding wars between the big stars then the UFC would pay better.

However, UFC is by far the biggest brand and pays better than it's meager competition. The fighters have very little leverage in their negotiations.

You're kidding right?

The UFC throws the wolves against each other, and doesn't give a shit who wins. Yeah Brandao is a feature fight for conor, but these are rare.

Boxing sees prospects get fed cans until they reach the top (like Fury) -- and then half the guys on top won't even fight each other, or the promoters will pull shady shit.

Rigondeaux is getting fucked.

Klit doesn't want to fight Pulev.

GGG finally fighting someone with a pulse in Geale.

None of this shit would happen in the UFC.

Rigo is getting fucked the same way Ben Askren is getting fucked. Can you imagine if Askren had the same style as Melvin Manhoef and was successful? He wouldn't be fighting in OneFC, thats for sure. Rigo is similar, his style is very non-confrontational, only the Boxing purists will like to watch him and even they would be split.

Klitschko is fighting Pulev next.

GGG has fought a few decent fighters but when you get into the pro ranks late combined with the fact that you aren't promoted by the best and you don't speak English..yeah you'll have problems. Of course though, for a fighter of his quality at this point he should be fighting the ELITE.

The thing I LOVE about the UFC, can sometimes damage them. Like Dominic Cruz SHOULD have been giving a clear mid level fighter as his opponent on his comeback but he gets Barao. Obviously that didn't work out but not many MMA fans thought it was the right way to make a return initially. I LOVE that fight, but wanted it to happen when both were at their best and a Cruz who hasn't fought for years due to a serious injury wasn't as appealing to me.

Froch Groves 2 was a once in a generation attendance figure, at least in the UK. Eddie Hearns himself has admitted as much. Direct comparisons between mma and boxing are just not viable.

I agree but Khan vs Brook could have done VERY well, Khan was offering 8 mill to fight Brook. It could have sold 40,000 AT LEAST my guess is they could have done about 60,000 with a decent undercard, right location (North of England) and fairly priced seats. I do agree that MMA (UFC in particular) comparisons with Boxing are not viable totally but to a certain degree they are.

Are you fucking serious about this best boxers get the biggest fights and most money bullshit? In a sport where fighters are free agents there is more ducking than in a dodgeball tournament. Then there is also the issue of fights being thrown all of the time.

In the UFC, 99% of the time you have to be THE best in your weight division and be marketable to make good money. The examples I listed in the opening post in this thread are some boxers who make good money, how many MMA fighters can you list that make that sort of money? Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey and maybe Cain make good money relatively speaking. All for their own individual marketable reasons. Mid level, unknown fighters like Matthew Macklin, Darren Barker (made

I don't blame the UFC for doing what they're doing. It's smart business to underpay where you can and use that money to invest back into your business or to save. I just think it's dumb for posters on here to not realize that UFC underpays their fighters.

Like when Lorenzo said the UFC paid in the neighborhood of 50% of their revenue to fighters like other leagues do. In reality that number has been estimated to be close to 25%.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, it just happens naturally, but why in the world would they want to pay college wrestlers who wing punches allot of money? How are they worth it? Top athletes with legit skills, sure, but the dime a dozen ncaa rejects that litter the landscape are underpaid? You're out of your mind - these guys are lucky to have a sport to pay them to do what most of them do inside the cage

Back