Dana White: "Conor remains main event, undecided whether it will be for an interim belt"

Whether a fighter chooses to fight or not with an injury is their own personal, team and professional call and we have to respect that. Nobody knows their body more than they do so it it is what it is. Do we really think these guys DON'T want to fight when they pull out because of an injury? Conor fans...

And no, an unbeaten streak doesn't turn cocky arrogance into justified confidence. You can have one without the other.
Why do we have to respect RDA's decision? I guess we have to "Respect" it in that there's little use complaining about, because we can't do anything about it.

This actually really upsets me and should upset everyone else. You cannot threaten the champion with talk of a God damn interim belt not even one fight date removed from his last title defence. It's appalling

Why do we have to respect RDA's decision? I guess we have to "Respect" it in that there's little use complaining about, because we can't do anything about it.
Because he's a decent, clean professional and only HE knows how his injury feels to him. Shit happens and FYI not all fighters train dancing around with a bunch of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s like Conor does. Many of the greatest MMA fighters ever have gone full on in training and it has produced legends even if it means picking up injuries here and there. Again, stop buying into Conor bullshit!

It's not butthurt, although I get that saying that may make you feel like totally hip and cool, it's just meaningless.

Even before the news of the fight at WW (which hopefully makes an interim title impossible), it didn't make a lick of sense.

The belt is supposed to mean you are the top dog in the division, not just a shiny token of having won a fight.

Sucks that the fight feel through, but a popular fighter beating a late replacement or a late replacement beating a guy who hasn't fought over FW in years doesn't earn either a championship.

Look through thread guy. And I wish i was cool and hip enough to use numbers instead of letters

Because he's a decent, clean professional and only HE knows how his injury feels to him. Shit happens and FYI not all fighters train dancing around with a bunch of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s like Conor does. Many of the greatest MMA fighters ever have gone full on in training and it has produced legends even if it means picking up injuries here and there. Again, stop buying into Conor bullshit!
lol, so we have to respect the fact that RDA chose to train irresponsibly less than two weeks out from a title fight? GTFO.

Those Legends you brought up, many of them still fought through the injuries. RDA is no legend.

lol, so we have to respect the fact that RDA chose to train irresponsibly less than two weeks out from a title fight? GTFO.

Those Legends you brought up, many of them still fought through the injuries. RDA is no legend.
You can pick up an injury walking down the street, lifting something heavy or even getting out of bed, let alone training your ass off for a full contact fight. Let's just agree to disagree.

You can pick up an injury walking down the street, lifting something heavy or even getting out of bed, let alone training your ass off for a full contact fight. Let's just agree to disagree.
did RDA break hist foot getting out of bed? No. He broke it sparring less than two weeks out from a title fight.

This actually really upsets me and should upset everyone else. You cannot threaten the champion with talk of a God damn interim belt not even one fight date removed from his last title defence. It's appalling
That's the UFC though. Pathetic...

Back