Media Dana White: ‘Dana White privilege’ isn’t a real thing: Some UFC fighters ‘paranoid like that’

Maybe unpopular, but I think Dana is 95% right here. Sure, he gives some fighters a special treatment, but there is a huge business component to those treatments. (Potential) stars get a lot more done, but isn't that quite standard in any money driven company?

It's not official until it's officially denied.
Dana White privilege confirmed.

Then why is Cowboy Cerrone getting another fight after losing 6 straight but Tyrone Woodley (former champ) got cut after his fourth loss?

I guess it's a good thing that Dana never lies then. Clearly, it has to be true.

That is true to some extent but if you are good enough you will break thru. Theres tons of examples of this to counter the Dana privilege fighters who got the easier road. A good example of this is when Omalley who gets easier fights got KO’d by Chito who wasn’t supposed to win.

At end of the day the right guys win there fights and get to the belt eventually

Ideally yeah, but that’s like only having to win one game to make it to the World Cup versus three or whatever. True you still gotta win, but anytime you have your career softened for you, the odds go up. By the time you get a crack at the title, you’re often beaten up by Father Time or life.

Personally, they have to adopt a points system to get a title shot, like how F1 racing does it. You can’t just be “Champ” winning your last three races. It’s really based on the entirety of your career or season. That’s just my view.

Back