Dana wants to ruin Bantamweight

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was the deepest division. What to do with it? Kill it.

Instead of making great fights for the hungry fighters, they are booked against old guys. Adesanya's recipe.

Petr Yan vs. Urijah Faber
Frankie Edgar vs. Cory Sandhagen
I wonder how they didn't book Aljamain Sterling against Jose Aldo yet....good last one is fighting Moraes.

Kinda see your point. But the divison is still super deep, even more so now?
And Faber is really just a fight to keep Yan quiet about a title shot. Noone really expects him to win that or am i wrong?

Instead of making great fights for the hungry fighters, they are booked against old guys. Adesanya's recipe.

I wonder how they didn't book Aljamain Sterling against Jose Aldo yet....good last one is fighting Moraes.
I didnt know frankie edgar dropped to bantamweight?

Lol now Jose Aldo can keep him away from that title via an underwhelming UD win as well.

Talking about BW... why is not Cejudo fighitng yet? 6 months already and not even scheduled, is he injury or what?

It's called building their young fighters up against big names and legends of the sport to get them attention as they are the next gen of fighters.

They're building the next generation by allowing them to stomp the previous generation.

Is normal.

Hopefully trying to burn the old crop.

Frankie and Uriah both need to go away.

It's called building their young fighters up against big names and legends of the sport to get them attention as they are the next gen of fighters.
Exactly plus i see all the original bantamweights being favorites over these guys coming down. Its a smart move

I don't mind this match making. Uriah and Frankie and good names and although out of their prime you have to be at the top of the division to beat them.

If these guys can't beat fighters in their 40s then the division isn't as deep as you say it is.

The reason for doing these matchups is that faber and Edgar are names everyone knows. They are names anyone who has watched 10+ events should know. And honestly, Yan and Corey aren’t. Yes, those of us who watch every fight night and ppv know and love them, but people who spend hours on sherdog and watch every event are the minority. They need to familiarize the fan base by giving them fights with people who everyone recognizes. So it makes sense to me at least.

Would you rather fights like garbrant/Almeida? Where most people really don’t have much knowledge on either but they are hot prospects and one gets killed before they ever get going?

Frankie Edgar may be the first guy to fight in 4 or more weight classes! If he loses at BW, will he try for the WW title next?:D

Adesanya has beaten everyone's ass, you are a pathetic hater.

I didnt know frankie edgar dropped to bantamweight?

Lol now Jose Aldo can keep him away from that title via an underwhelming UD win as well.

they wouldn't dare matchup aldo and edgar again...that would be a travesty.

why is aldo moving down in weight? Shouldn't he be moving up? he cuts a good amount of weight. and going down in weight is almost never a good choice.

The reason for doing these matchups is that faber and Edgar are names everyone knows. They are names anyone who has watched 10+ events should know. And honestly, Yan and Corey aren’t. Yes, those of us who watch every fight night and ppv know and love them, but people who spend hours on sherdog and watch every event are the minority. They need to familiarize the fan base by giving them fights with people who everyone recognizes. So it makes sense to me at least.
this is a bad strategy, didnt work and will not work

Aldo's a legend but I don't see this drop to 135 ending well.

Back