• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana needs to explain why he cant pay guys more. Woodley/Paul purses

the way it ends is building personal brands and shopping it to highest bidders. and then demonstrating your ability to drive revenue.

if you can't bring your revenue with you no matter who you are working for you aren't going to be as valuable as if you could.

Ideally a Union in which would able to negotiate with combined leverage would be able to get a better pay for all the guys at the bottom in exchange for some kind of pay cap

However getting a Union organized is a whole ordeal in of itself

He’s getting way more than he’s worth, but he’s the younger brother of the HW champ, and he’s a reality TV star in the UK. He probably made showtime more than that by being on the card.
lol wut?
He is easily worth that.

Ideally a Union in which would able to negotiate with combined leverage would be able to get a better pay for all the guys at the bottom in exchange for some kind of pay cap

However getting a Union organized is a whole ordeal in of itself
most of the guys at the bottom are completely replaceable though whereas the guys at the top less so.....

More in gross, the same or less in revenue share.

They are generating all the revenue as the only thing the UFC has to market and sell are fights and fighters, but getting paid pennies on the dollar.

A split of 82/18 is a straight up crooked deal.

Yes, more in gross revenue. But the share being 18% still, the fighters do get paid more money.

I think there is a lot more to running the UFC in terms of expenses beside marketing and selling fighters. I don't think any of us really have an in depth understanding of this and if their underpaying their fighters in regards to % of pay vs revenue.

I think there is a lot more to running the UFC in terms of expenses beside marketing and selling fighters. I don't think any of us really have an in depth understanding of this and if their underpaying their fighters in regards to % of pay vs revenue.

You would be incorrect.

We don't have to guess - because of reporting from the credit agencies and discovery from the class action suit, we know exactly how much EBITA, revenue and profit there is to the penny. We know exactly how much, to the penny, has been paid to the fighters.

There are currently record profits.

Fighters getting 18% of the revenue is a crooked deal at face value. They are being robbed out in the open with gullible fans cheering it on.

most of the guys at the bottom are completely replaceable though whereas the guys at the top less so.....

That’s kinda of the point of the Union. Separately the bottom guys have very little leverage but with try king in tandem with the majority of fighters including the top guys they can negotiate some protections. At least in theory

He doesn't have to explain anything. just because he can pay more doesn't mean he has to or should.

apple could pay the kids making their phones more, apple could pay the store workers more, walmart could pay the cashiers more, nike could pay the kid making their sneakers more, the list goes on and on.

the bottom line is if you are not happy with what your employer is paying you find a new job and resign

E-Fhq79UYAAYjMW

Say what you will about Jake paul he gifted one million to the other people on card. That alone is a class move that makes up for a lot of his bullshit. Also his post fight bully speech was classy. This kid is also only 22 lets not pretend like there are a lot of well adjusted 22 year olds in our society. This is also one that grew up rich and famous from an early age, kid is growing on me.

I have NOTHING to say against Jake Paul.
But to answer the question of this thread, Dana does not need to explain shit.
Fighters sign a contract.
It is HIS JOB to pay as little as possible.
IMHO it is the fighters who have to not sign their fucking contract if they don't get paid enough.

IMHO this is changing since Conor made it apparent fighters can earn more. And many fighters started asking for more money ever since.
All Jake is doing is pouring gasoline into the fire, but IMO it is inevitable that we will reach a point where the promotion will be forced to share more pieces of the pie.

but fighters are stupid.
And Woodley himself said that.
Fighters don't want to band together, even if it is to increase their pay.
It is just the nature of what they do that helps the promotion keep them divided.

You would be incorrect.

We don't have to guess - because of reporting from the credit agencies and discovery from the class action suit, we know exactly how much EBITA, revenue and profit there is to the penny. We know exactly how much, to the penny, has been paid to the fighters.

There are currently record profits.

Fighters getting 18% of the revenue is a crooked deal at face value. They are being robbed out in the open with gullible fans cheering it on.

I don't really see what people expect fans to do about it though. All we could do is not watch, if the fighters want to be paid more they'd have to be willing to collectively down tools and refuse to fight until it's rectified.

You know you can disagree with people without being an absolute cock about it right?
I mean what am I supposed to do?
You're contradicting yourself and calling someone overpaid.

"
He’s getting way more than he’s worth, but he’s the younger brother of the HW champ, and he’s a reality TV star in the UK. He probably made showtime more than that by being on the card."

I don't really see what people expect fans to do about it though. All we could do is not watch, if the fighters want to be paid more they'd have to be willing to collectively down tools and refuse to fight until it's rectified.

Step one is to be informed.

So long as there is so much disinformation being circulated (astroturfing / funded and otherwise) its hard to get a picture of whats going on.

Step two is being vocal about this everywhere possible, including social media. Companies and brands are often forced to react to public sentiment. Endeavor ($EDR) is a publicly traded company and it will absolutely care about negative publicity.

The more there is a groundswell of voices calling out the crooked revenue split fighters are getting, the more pressure there is for change. The more successful people in positions of influence and power can advocate for fighters.

It baffles me how so many people around here are OK with fighters getting 18% of the money coming in. Honestly who cares that the UFC says eat cornuts? I care about fighters and fights, the fact that nearly ALL the money is going to owners who are individually worth multi-hundred-million fortunes is wrong and needs to change.

There is plenty of money coming in for everyone to make out.

Last edited:

"
He’s getting way more than he’s worth, but he’s the younger brother of the HW champ, and he’s a reality TV star in the UK. He probably made showtime more than that by being on the card."

He's getting more than he's worth skill-wise, but he is famous so he probably made more people tune up to watch the card.

Anyone could explain why Dubois refused the bonus money out of friendship with Fury? (who made way more)
I only watched the main-event, so I don't know what kind of drama is out there....

Thanks!

So long as there is so much disinformation being circulated (astroturfing / funded and otherwise) its hard to get a picture of whats going on.

Step two is being vocal about this everywhere possible, including social media. Companies and brands are often forced to react to public sentiment. Endeavor ($EDR) is a publicly traded company and it will absolutely care about negative publicity.

The more there is a groundswell of voices calling out the crooked revenue split fighters are getting, the more pressure there is for change. The more successful places in positions of influence and power can advocate for fighters.

It baffles me how so many people around here are OK with fighters getting 18% of the money coming in. Honestly who cares that the UFC says eat cornuts? I care about fighters and fights, the fact that nearly ALL the money is going to owners who are individually worth multi-hundred-million fortunes is wrong and needs to change.

Because most people are NPCs from the Wall-E movie and haven't a clue what intellect or honor are.
cbde94ae18f1edfe25ed5c8201102f31.jpg

The more there is a groundswell of voices calling out the crooked revenue split fighters are getting, the more pressure there is for change. The more successful places in positions of influence and power can advocate for fighters.

I agree that fighters should get paid more, but if I constantly post on Facebook about fighters being underpaid I can see my friends list reducing pretty quickly lol. Non fight fans don't give a shit.

"

In the context of a 4 round fight against a boxer with an 0-1 record, he did get way more than he was worth. Saying he probably made showtime more than that being on the card doesn't mean he was worth it. There's lots of people they could have put in that spot that would have generated just as much money, and probably for a lesser purse. If he fights Jake Paul next, he'll be worth every penny (probably about 2 million I'm guessing).

Back