Dana Interview: Already making excuses for Conor to duck Masvidal

Conor beat the living shit it of Nate in the rematch. Mas only knocked down Nate ONCE compared to Conor battering and dropping Nate 3 times. Conor fought a prime Nate while Mas fought a past prime 3 year layoff Nate. A win over Pettis doesn’t mean anything.

Very good point. Nate although beating Pettis has clearly lost a step from 2016.

More Khabib "fans" are posting today than they ever do when Khabib fights. Even in horrible defeat, Conor has managed to traumatize them. This is hilarious. The Great White Boogeyman just wont go away, lol.
No, people are annoyed with this shit.

It's like everyone in the room is trying to get rid of this fly. Then once you finally do, Dana opens the door and lets him right back in.

The fly isn't threatening, it's just incredibly annoying and won't stop buzzing in your face. You swat at it, but it doesn't go away. Then it lands on a pile of shit, eats it, proclaims itself to be the best fighter in the world, then starts buzzing in your face again.

Let this fact sink in:
- Nate tapped Conor, and got a 10-8 round on him in the close rematch (48-47, 48-47, 47-47)
- Masvidal had a 10-8 on Diaz on two judges cards. (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
MMAth doesn't work unless it benefits Conor. It doesn't work the other way around according to retarded Conor fans.

You gotta say stuff like "Conor beat Poirier and Alvarez with ease, and they both beat Gaethje, so Gaethje would lose to Conor for sure."

No, people are annoyed with this shit.

It's like everyone in the room is trying to get rid of this fly. Then once you finally do, Dana opens the door and lets him right back in.

The fly isn't threatening, it's just incredibly annoying and won't stop buzzing in your face. You swat at it, but it doesn't go away. Then it lands on a pile of shit, eats it, proclaims itself to be the best fighter in the world, then starts buzzing in your face again.
Ha, beautiful analogy so props for that. Dont get me wrong, I dont like Conors antics but the Khabib fans have become insufferable since he beat Conor. I thought I could never hate fans more than Conor fans, then @Hitto the annoying rat changed my mind. I say to hell with both fan bases and Conor. Khabib is cool.

So he’s going to duck one guy you think he would lose to to fight another guy you think he will lose to....makes sense....derp.

Losing to Khabib has the spin that he lost to the greatest lightweight of all time. Beating Khabib has the upside of avenging a loss, could spin the first one as a fluke, that he beat the greatest lightweight of all time, did all of it as a true featherweight, and he gets the lightweight belt out of it all.

Losing to Masvidal means that he lost to a journeyman on a hot streak, who himself is a former lightweight, Conor loses some of his indestructible aura, is further away from the big money rematch with Khabib, and the rematch isn't as appealing after a defeat. Beating Masvidal means that he beat a solid contender at 170.

What I'm saying is that the fight with Khabib has a lot more upside with less downside than a fight with Masvidal. It absolutely does make sense to want the Khabib fight over the Masvidal fight. Why do you think Dana's pushing for one and not the other?

Last edited:
Conor beat the living shit it of Nate in the rematch. Mas only knocked down Nate ONCE compared to Conor battering and dropping Nate 3 times. Conor fought a prime Nate while Mas fought a past prime 3 year layoff Nate. A win over Pettis doesn’t mean anything.
I have to give Conor a credit for one thing. He collected the dumbest people on this planet and made them his fans whom blindfuly worship him. And that is amazing!

You are cherry picking. Conor eeked out a decision in a razor thin fight. Masvidal actually outclassed Diaz in all aspects of the fight. Conor was caught in moments of real trouble fighting Diaz. Masivdal looked a class above Diaz. To say Masvidal's performance wasn't more impressive than Conor's exposes your bias.

You’d think winning a gimme in 15 seconds against a 37 year old completely shot fighter would increase his fan’s confidence but I see them crying more after the fight than before
Dry them tears boys, save them for later, you will be needing them soon enough

Last edited:
You are cherry picking. Conor eeked out a decision in a razor thin fight. Masvidal actually outclassed Diaz in all aspects of the fight. Conor was caught in moments of real trouble fighting Diaz. Masivdal looked a class above Diaz. To say Masvidal's performance wasn't more impressive than Conor's exposes your bias.
Mas only fought Nate for 3 rounds compared to Conor’s 5 round fight. Mas was clearly gassing. Conor beat Nate worse in 3 rounds then Mas did

Mas only fought Nate for 3 rounds compared to Conor’s 5 round fight. Mas was clearly gassing. Conor beat Nate worse in 3 rounds then Mas did
Mas wasn't clearly gassing. Even if he was, it is irrelevant. The fact is Masvidal stopped nate, something Conor couldn't do. Conor went 5 because he couldn't get it done in 3. Conor won via a decision, while Masvidal won via TKO. How does that make Conor's performance better?

Dana wants Conor vs. Khabib 2 to get ESPN+ off the ground. There is resistance to it right now, but a fight this big would help get people through it. Doesn't really need Conor to win, just needs the biggest fight possible to happen once with the new PPV service model.

Has nothing to do with Masvidal being the favourite against Conor. But there is a decent chance Conor loses and he doesn't want anything getting in the way of this event introducing people to ESPN+.

It does not matter if you think Everyone Conor has fought was crap, he has not dodged anyone. When one if the fighters pulled out, they asked Edgar, but he would take it on short notice, so he fought the fighters who would, thats nit cinors fault. Diaz only came into the picture because RDA pulled out.

You talk about mendez beating Conor on with a full camp, but everyone was saying that about Diaz in the second fight, that he would destroy Conor with a full camp.

Conor has always called out top fighters, or fighters holding belts. The only thing I would say is he should have to have a few fights before he fights fire a belt.

But dodging good fighters? He has never done that.
I'm not saying all his competition was crap. I'm saying they never offer him fights after they have already offered it to the other fighter, making it impossible to dodge someone. Or at least for anyone else than him and dana to know about. If they give Conor a list of 4 guys he could fight for example...he pucks cowboy over justin, jorge, and say the fighter kevin lee...they are all available at the timeframe conor wants to fight. He picks cowboy..no one but him and dana know the names on the list. Once conor pulls, the ufc offers it to donald...that way the only one that could possibly duck is cowboy. Even if they just asked him...u wanna fight justin in january?...he says no...justin would never know of the offer unless dana or Conor told him...which they wouldnt. This makes the statement " conor doesnt turn down fights" statement meaningless. U know as well I do, conor gets to pick who he fights. Even had he said no to nate 1, nate wouldnt have known he was in the mix.

I honestly thought Conor lost the first fight because of short notice. With nate...the fight Conor was in camp for..was totally different. Nate is tall, lanky, can take a punch, has great cardio and BJJ. But record wise and history wise....he has a shit record and has been finished multiple times. Conor accepted the fight...underestimating nates size and toughness...knowing his record said he loses and is mediocre at best.

In the 2nd fight I imagined Conor using low kicks constantly and finishing nate since nate didnt check them at that time. It was a win, but I never thought nate would make it so close. I thought Conor with research would pick him apart. Chad on the other hand gassed in 2. He wasnt in shape, but was doing well until that point. With a full gas tank I think when Conor gassed he could have won. Chad on the other hand beat Conor in the first round, busted him open and finished the round in a dominant position. He was tagging Conor with right hooks, and took him down fairly easily. He gassed in the 1st round basically, so with a full camp I think chad had a really good shot at the win.

I like Conor, and bet on him most of the time. I'm not delusional though and I see what I see in his strengths and weaknesses. He doesn't turn down fights because he gets to pick who he wants to fight.he is beatable, and wrestlers are not good matchups for him. He was a lot more effective at 145 with the huge reach, much like jon does at LHW. At 55 and 70 he can still win, but there are good wrestlers in the top, good grapplers. At 45 chad was the only one he fought all the way to the title against jose. As far as always calling out top guys....cowboy isn't one, nor is nate. Calling out frankie before they settled on cowboy wasnt calling out a top guy. He loses often nowadays and is a 145 fighter. Tons of people call out Conor, so who he calls out is irrelevant. He wants khabib, or jorge,...but fought cowboy. I'll give him a pass because it was a needed tune up fight and a needed win. He is not running around calling out marty or Colby etc. He says he would like to fight them one day, but that's not a call out. If he will fight anyone and wants real belt . Then fight Tony if he loses or justin next. Then do khabib if u win. If he wants 170 belt he should go jorge then belt. That would be calling out top guys.

Back