Dana interested in Jones vs Adesanya if Izzy can get past Bobby Knuckles

If a small-reach welterweight in Gastelum can floor Adesanya, imagine what Jones could do.

It never ever works like that, if so and so did this that means so and so can do that, it really doesn't.

They're all different fighters with different tactics, skills, power, the list is endless hence why it's MMA and it's so unpredictable.

You hear this all the time and it really doesn't mean anything at all.

if jones chooses to not use he best gift, which is his wrestling combined with his standup, then anything is possible...jones needs to get back to his wrestling ways..or at least, start throwing some more strikes...other than a few leg kicks per round.

Yeah, he is a funny guy (standup haha), nah I'm just kidding but I know what you mean with that.

Honestly, no discredit to Jon because I do truly believe he deserves the credit he gets but it's that reach that's his advantage, I go back to the Cowboy fight with Al and how Al just couldn't get past his reach, when a fighter has that reach advantage they really do have a big advantage in their corner.

I know Izzy's got a good reach too (not sure how the stats add up, I would have to look) but this is where I feel Izzy can really hit back and really challenge Jon, it's like a couple of Dhalsims fighting each other lol

Dhalsim-1-Transparent.gif
Dhalsim-2-flip.gif

Oh great more superfight talk. Let's have a superfight open weight grandprix between all the champions, men and women.

First fight? DC vs Adrade
Second? Jon Jones vs Cejudo

It never ever works like that, if so and so did this that means so and so can do that, it really doesn't.

They're all different fighters with different tactics, skills, power, the list is endless hence why it's MMA and it's so unpredictable.

You hear this all the time and it really doesn't mean anything at all.

Yeah, he is a funny guy (standup haha), nah I'm just kidding but I know what you mean with that.

Honestly, no discredit to Jon because I do truly believe he deserves the credit he gets but it's that reach that's his advantage, I go back to the Cowboy fight with Al and how Al just couldn't get past his reach, when a fighter has that reach advantage they really do have a big advantage in their corner.

I know Izzy's got a good reach too (not sure how the stats add up, I would have to look) but this is where I feel Izzy can really hit back and really challenge Jon, it's like a couple of Dhalsims fighting each other lol

Dhalsim-1-Transparent.gif
Dhalsim-2-flip.gif

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote....Of course jon's biggest advantage are his physical attributes...but that goes for every great athlete...whether it's george foremans incredible god given power...which, you can hit the heavy bag, lift weights all you want, you will never even come close to his power...his power is 100% god given...same with a floyd mayweather...guys train defense all the time...or guys train speed...they pretty much all train the same...but some guys are just born with certain physical traits, that can't be copied...no matter what you do...someone could train all day long, take as many steroids as they want, but they will never ever look like Arnold did...

Same with Jon...he uses his reach extremely well...but, what's happening in his last couple of fights, is he's being very reluctant to throw any strikes...so it's very possible that Israel could out point him...i definitely see that happening...but that's only if jon chooses to kick box him...if jon chooses to get in on him, clinch, and take his skinny ass down, jon will win pretty easy...but jon is stubborn...

Yay, more middleweights for Jones to defnd against ffs

Good way to kill a potential star off. Feed him to Jones.

What happened to building dominant champions? Silva and GSP had both been dominating their divisions for a while before the super fight talk started.

Whittaker is the guy who beat a LHW in his last two fights. Adesanya almost lost to a WW.

I don’t understand this fight?
it’s like asking a Bantamweight to fight a guy who is Featherweight but could easily be a Heavy?
The size disparity is wayyy to large. Jones would demolish Adesanya and it’s not funny.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote....Of course jon's biggest advantage are his physical attributes...but that goes for every great athlete...whether it's george foremans incredible god given power...which, you can hit the heavy bag, lift weights all you want, you will never even come close to his power...his power is 100% god given...same with a floyd mayweather...guys train defense all the time...or guys train speed...they pretty much all train the same...but some guys are just born with certain physical traits, that can't be copied...no matter what you do...someone could train all day long, take as many steroids as they want, but they will never ever look like Arnold did...

Same with Jon...he uses his reach extremely well...but, what's happening in his last couple of fights, is he's being very reluctant to throw any strikes...so it's very possible that Israel could out point him...i definitely see that happening...but that's only if jon chooses to kick box him...if jon chooses to get in on him, clinch, and take his skinny ass down, jon will win pretty easy...but jon is stubborn...

Yeah, this is where I feel Izzy has a chance here to get past his reach too as his previous opponents haven't seemed to be able to do so or been as long to be able to get past this where Izzy can probably break through as much as Jon.

Also, one thing too, Israel Adesanya is actually quite big, he's not really skinny at all but cause he's long he just looks it. He's much bigger than he looks is Izzy lol

Look lol

Yeah, this is where I feel Izzy has a chance here to get past his reach too as his previous opponents haven't seemed to be able to do so or been as long to be able to get past this where Izzy can probably break through as much as Jon.

Also, one thing too, Israel Adesanya is actually quite big, he's not really skinny at all but cause he's long he just looks it. He's much bigger than he looks is Izzy lol

Look lol

I think compared to jon he's skinny though...I've been very frustrated with how jon has been fighting lately...

Adesanya is going to get rekt. And I will be pleased.

I think compared to jon he's skinny though...I've been very frustrated with how jon has been fighting lately...

I'm not sure you know, a bit of a misconception I think with Izzy.

But yeah, I hear you, Jon has been fighting like what Smith was criticised for.

Adesanya, who is fighting for the middleweight title at UFC 243, has had a feud with Jones for quite some time. Yet, if “The Last Stylebender” wins the middleweight title, the fight against “Bones” only gets bigger.

“I wouldn’t say he’s the ultimate, but he’s definitely a boss on the game I want to play against,” Adesanya said to The Mac Life (h/t BJPENN.com). “Raider Stadium, Las Vegas, that’s where it’s going to happen. I decided in July when I was in Vegas.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/israel-a...down-with-jon-jones-in-vegas-raiders-stadium/

Back