• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana finds something to throw a tantrum over

“Dana hurts my feelings again! He’s so stoopid!”

Goddamn, when are you crybaby pansies gonna stfu and be men?

Doctor should have checked between rounds without any delay.
Referee calls in the doc, though. Doc needs as much time as he needs to come to a conclusion, he's not Superman. And it really was just 14 seconds.

Dana 100% over exaggerated to make his point, but I do agree to a small degree -- every second matters in that context and giving Edmond extra time to recover may allow him not only an unnecessary advantage but also the ability to take more damage without the fight being stopped. But yeah, 13 seconds is not 10 fucking minutes.

Referee calls in the doc, though. Doc needs as much time as he needs to come to a conclusion, he's not Superman. And it really was just 14 seconds.
Ref should call in the doctor every time somebody takes a really hard shot that might have put them unconscious then. We need to take 10-15 seconds to make sure they can continue. As long as they’re consistent with it, we don’t need concussions in our sport.

"If you approach an official, i'll fire you on the spot"

"Yeah, the doctor took 10 fucking minutes there"

-Dana White

Ref should call in the doctor every time somebody takes a really hard shot that might have put them unconscious then. We need to take 10-15 seconds to make sure they can continue. As long as they’re consistent with it, we don’t need concussions in our sport.
These kind of moments happen very rarely where a guy gets finished as he cruises into the last second of the round. Herb would've stopped it had it gone a half a second longer and he indeed wanted to stop it a half a second later, but the round was done. To act and wave it off in between rounds, the ref needs an outside reason for it, so he called in the doc, but doc said the dude's fine. Had he not introduced the doc whatsoever - he would've gotten all the Dan Hardy cases on his ass again.

Also, had it been a more fight hungry fighter - like a Bisping - and the ref just waved off the fight in between rounds on their own (if it's even allowed) when the fighter or his corner, nor the doctor were never about it, would've made them lose their shit and roast the ref afterwards. So Herb doesn't win either way.

I think this was just an usual situation.

Back