Dana finally reacts to Fury Ngannou

I love how every boxing match has a belt on the line. How many belts exist in boxing?
the only belts that matter are the championship belts for the IBF, WBO, WBA and WBC. the Ring magazine also has a belt that matters somewhat but less than those other 4; although often an undisputed champ will have the Ring belt. to be undisputed in a weight class, youve gotta have all 4 belts (and optionally the Ring).

if you see stuff like the WBA Gold belt, their "regular" championship belt, the WBC franchise belt, the WBC belt they made for Fury-Ngannou - all that shit is redundant or meaningless. its just another way for belt orgs to charge sanctioning fees. the WBA has SAID theyre trying to phase out their "regular", "gold", "silver" etc belts but then Danny Dubois just won their "regular" championship belt right before he fought Usyk so who the fuck knows?

obviously, all of the various belts have become a long running joke in boxing to casual and hardcore fans.

If you do

If you don't like it then you can offer up more of your pay in taxes to give to the fighters like a good little democrat. 60% of your pay sound fair?

Americans pay nowhere near that amount of tax nor are in any serious "threat" of doing so lol. Read a book about global economics instead of following some dude who is famous for being some other guys son.

Of course Donald Trump Jr, who has never done anything on his own, has an opinion on this and the opinion he has shared is that the men risking their lives for our entertainment are just making too much. Guys like Dana aren’t making enough.

How can anyone support this bone head? Jesus

How the hell did you guys turn this into a political thread by just the mere name of a Trump.....Damn TDS Is a helluva drug.....Y'all need therapy.

It could be, and hear me out, because a direct (idiotic) quote from him is in the OP.

You guys get really sensitive when someone makes fun of your Daddy. Daddy derangement syndrome.

I said he would say something nice about Ngannou in the thread talking about it. That’s exactly what he did.

He only said the way they operate and the money involved in putting big fights together is messed up. And I can’t imagine anybody disagreeing with that.

They could easily cut some of the costs by 50% and everybody would still make massive amounts of money. Fighters purses cut by 50%. Ppv prices cut by 50%. Tickets to the event cut by 50%. They could probably do that with a lot of costs associated with boxing.

But if you’re stupid enough to pay 100%. You better believe that is what you are going to get charged.

The amount of money people pay to see these events live is crazy, imo. Ppv prices too. Even the UFC MSG card coming up. $600 USD for nosebleed seats to see what was supposed to be Jones/Stipe, and Jiri/Alex.. I wouldn’t pay that. I wouldn’t pay $80 USD for the ppv either.

I’ve paid a lot more for some epic concerts. But there’s no comparison between a band I’ve listened to and wanted to see live for 20, or 30 years. And a fighter out of their prime. Or in their prime for that matter.

And unlike athletes. Rock musicians can still play as if still in their primes when they’re 70+ years old.

Who would pay to watch a 70 year old fighter?

Americans pay nowhere near that amount of tax nor are in any serious "threat" of doing so lol. Read a book about global economics instead of following some dude who is famous for being some other guys son.
Screw "Global Economics". The only thing that matters to me as an American is how much taxes I pay here and its way to much for the services I receive for those taxes...And its comical y'all turned this into a political thread just by the mere mention of the name "Trump"... Get some much needed therapy for TDS.

It could be, and hear me out, because a direct (idiotic) quote from him is in the OP.

You guys get really sensitive when someone makes fun of your Daddy. Daddy derangement syndrome.
I could care less about Donald Jr and didn't even notice it until you muppets started crying about something he said....I actually was just surprised by Danas humility for a second.

Lol, so when promoters make less than the fighters it's corruption. That makes no sense to anyone without brain damage.
Exactly and look at the dana defenders. So sad. They dont posses critical thinking they are hive minded.

a surprising amount of humility from Dana. i respect what he's saying.
he probably figured that raging at Ngannou wouldnt reflect well publicly.
Ngannou still makes the UFC and MMA as a whole look good with his performance. no one expected him to do as well as he did.

(but i wanna use red Danaface anyway)
<31><31><31><31>

At this point, there's literally nothing to gain from spazzing out about Frank overperforming.

Dana knows the phase dedicated to perception management happens once Ngannou leaves the UFC and a bit before the Fury fight. At this point, he's probably just keen on shifting the conversation towards the bigger PPVs he has coming up.

Preach it brother Dana White. Since there's less money being passed down to each fighter there is less corruption in the UFC.

If you do

If you don't like it then you can offer up more of your pay in taxes to give to the fighters like a good little democrat. 60% of your pay sound fair?
Boxers keeping a bigger share of the money that they generated = being a good little Democrat.

For your next annual review at work, don't ask for a raise. That would make you a soyboy democrat.

<{1-1}>

Back