Dana doesn't know if he could talk about Eddie Alvarez."It's going to get ugly".

Who's Next

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Via Ariel Helwani.

As my second favorite fighter next to GSP, beginning to get worried that Bellator matched.

Well, it's really up to Eddie. Does he want to be recognized as a house hold name, kicking ass the UFC, the premier organization for MMA, a place to truly challenge yourself? Or, does he want to go unnoticed to the world outside of MMA fans, make less money in the long run, and be a big fish in a a small pond, a champ in a second rate organization that draws little respect from the rest of the world and has nothing there to challenge him?

Up to him really. But if he wants the world, and wants the fame, the money and to be considered one of the best... the UFC is the place. He's not getting that ANYWHERE else in MMA.

Well, it's really up to Eddie. Does he want to be recognized as a house hold name, kicking ass the UFC, the premier organization for MMA, a place to truly challenge yourself? Or, does he want to go unnoticed to the world outside of MMA fans, make less money in the long run, and be a big fish in a a small pond, a champ in a second rate organization that draws little respect from the rest of the world and has nothing there to challenge him?

Up to him really. But if he wants the world, and wants the fame, the money and to be considered one of the best... the UFC is the place. He's not getting that ANYWHERE else in MMA.

This!

I really want to see Eddie in the UFC. Hopefully he wants a greater challenge and makes his move.

Hopefully he makes the smart move here and moves to UFC. But this doesn't make it sound good..

Even though I'd love to see Alvarez knock mothers out in the UFC, I'd like it more if he stayed in Bellator and helped Bellator grow.

Eddie isn't even the big fish in the small pond anymore, however that big fish over in the Bellator pond would be quite the shark over in the UFC's pond and Alvarez could be one too. Really hope he goes there because at the end of the day that's where the money and the big fights lay.

Not sure if the UFC cared enough to blow bellator away. If they offered a standard deal Bellator would match just to say they are in the game for top talent.

Really hoping Eddie goes to the UFC. It's where he belongs.

No its not.

Its up to Bellator if they want to match or not and steal Eddie back, which is what Dana is referring to.

You don't understand the match clause. Just because they match the offer made, doesn't mean Eddie HAS to take it. The match clause is there to allow Bellator the equal playing ground of any offer given, but doesn't mean Eddie HAS to accept it and locked into Bellator for life.

Hopefully he makes the smart move here and moves to UFC. But this doesn't make it sound good..

Eddie seems to have wanted UFC for a while. But Bellator always has matching clauses in their deals.

I completely agree

I have loved Eddie Alvarez since I first started watching. I really think he deserves a spot in the UFC, and would put on many OTN performances.

If Bellator matches what happens then?

Does he have to stop at Bellator?

Back