Dana All Over GSP Again For Ducking Superfight!

Money this and money that.... this is for the sport and historical purposes.... y'all really complain to the point that y'all seem offended that this fight is being suggested... fickle fans

Hearns got whipped by Leonard? Hearns was ahead when he gassed out and got stopped. Wow is there a facepalm gif on this site?

Pacquiao got whipped by an old Morales, an old Marquez and got knocked the hell out by 2 tomato cans. Your point?

Anyone can look at losses, but it's who you actually beat. The best fighter Pacquiao beat was Marquez, who isn't even in a top 100 fighter list. Collecting a bunch of paper titles along the way, mean nothing.

Yeah, I would say gassing and getting stopped is being whipped. I guess Ali was lucky that Foreman gassed and he stopped him, too? Please my man, just because you don't like Pacquiao doesn't mean he's not one of the best ever. Tomato cans? Bradley's undefeated in 31 fights. That's a hell of a tomato can. Also, shows your bias but at least we know you're biased...you may know boxing but you're not rational about this topic. Krebs? Really? lol

dana knows this fight will pull huge numbers but i dont think he should be ridiculing his fighters in public.

gsp actin all scared and shit homie.

Yeah, I would say gassing and getting stopped is being whipped. I guess Ali was lucky that Foreman gassed and he stopped him, too? Please my man, just because you don't like Pacquiao doesn't mean he's not one of the best ever. Tomato cans? Bradley's undefeated in 31 fights. That's a hell of a tomato can. Also, shows your bias but at least we know you're biased...you may know boxing but you're not rational about this topic. Krebs? Really? lol
Pacquiao didn't get knocked out by Bradley.

He got knocked out long before Marquez did it. Marquez also schooled the hell out of Pac in the third fight. If Pacquiao was so great he wouldn't have gotten a schooling by a 39 yr old lightweight that Pacquiao tried to pick on.

If silva wants it then go to 170
Otherwise leave gsp alone

First of all. I agree with you. I'm very happy they're putting the ball in his court. He needs to say yes now.

Secondly, the fans will never be happy. If GSP moves up and Hendricks waits again, there would be riots. So many angry Hendricks fans.

I want GSP vs Silva at 185 for the championship and Hendricks vs (Ellenberger vs MacDonald winner) for the vacant WW championship.
First of all, no he doesn't. He's the WW champ. He should defend his belt against WWs. If Silva really wants the fight he can come down to 170.

Second, I like Rory but what the hell has he done to earn that?

You know GSP should just come out and say "I'd rather fight Benson, I mean if Anderson can call out the champion from a lower weightclass why can't I?" and troll the fuck out of Dana (I know GSP is too classy to do this but it would be funny)

GSP's been ducking Silva for years now. Nothing new here.

Really? When did Anderson ask for a fight at 170? You can't duck someone not in your weight division - otherwise you could just as easily say GSP is ducking Cruz, Aldo, Bendo, Jones, and Cain, and everyone not fighting at 170.

Now if GSP didn't fight Hendricks after skipping him for Diaz, then he would be ducking - not fighting an extremely legit guy in your own weight division is exactly what ducking means.

Personally, I think Hendricks beats GSP now; he's not been the same fighter since his knee injury, I don't think he's still quick enough on his feet to avoid Hendricks.

dana knows this fight will pull huge numbers but i dont think he should be ridiculing his fighters in public.

gsp actin all scared and shit homie.

Sure, but one day he'll be brave like you and post on the Internet - getting into the cage with guys like Koschek, Alves, Condit, Diaz is something any coward can do, but posting on Sherdog, now that takes guts.

Pacquiao didn't get knocked out by Bradley.

He got knocked out long before Marquez did it. Marquez also schooled the hell out of Pac in the third fight. If Pacquiao was so great he wouldn't have gotten a schooling by a 39 yr old lightweight that Pacquiao tried to pick on.

Sorry, my fault. I didn't realize the KO's you were referring to were over a decade ago...that makes your argument MUCH stronger.

Schooled by Ring Magazines #3 pound for pound fighter and a multiple belt holder? There's some sort of shame in that? Remind me how old Hopkins is and that age is somehow associated with being bad?

Sorry, my fault. I didn't realize the KO's you were referring to were over a decade ago...that makes your argument MUCH stronger.

Schooled by Ring Magazines #3 pound for pound fighter and a multiple belt holder? There's some sort of shame in that? Remind me how old Hopkins is and that age is somehow associated with being bad?
Who cares what he's ranked P4P? It was a welterweight picking on a lightweight and Pacquiao was embarassingly outboxed even being heavily favoured to KO Marquez. Hell even Mayweather had an easier time with marquez at welterweight years ago.

I actually felt bad for Manny

pac literally fought cans until he moved to Feather weight. His only legit titles are 126, 130, 140

Anyone can move through a bunch of weights beating nobodies. The best fighter Manny beat was actually at his best weight of 130

If anyone can do it, why haven't you? It was worth a couple hundred million in career earnings for Pacquiao, seems it should be worthwhile for you to give it a go.

Everything is easy unless you have to do it yourself.

The need for GSP to move up has IMHO never been as strong as for Anderson.

The reason people have wanted to see Anderson move to LHW over the past 5 years is that they believe MW is a weaker division due to a lot of the guys who could be small enough to fight in it(Machida, Rashad, Shogun etc) fighting at LHW instead.

GSP fought BJ twice of course but that's a very different situation as BJ was a former WW champion.

Bad situation for GSP either way. If he took the fight w/ Silva, Hendricks would be saying he's been ducking him all along and the fanboys would join in. Similar scenario here, albeit a bit more mild.

IMO, more people in the last couple years would rather see Jones v. Silva. Why?

Jones and Silva finish more fights. Silva has shown no problem being dominate at 205.

The need for GSP to move up has IMHO never been as strong as for Anderson.

The reason people have wanted to see Anderson move to LHW over the past 5 years is that they believe MW is a weaker division due to a lot of the guys who could be small enough to fight in it(Machida, Rashad, Shogun etc) fighting at LHW instead.

GSP fought BJ twice of course but that's a very different situation as BJ was a former WW champion.

Agreed. GSP has fought his whole career at 170 and during that time the trend has grown for fighters to drop divisions rather than move up (Menjivar, Sherk, Penn, Sanchez . . . From MW: Maia, Marquartd, Cote etc.). With the fact that fighters have been getting bigger every year due to weight-cutting, I see no reason for GSP to move up as he shrinks in relative size to his own division. At all. It's pretty lame that Dana keeps pressuring George actually.

Dana being his usual scumbag self. I hope GSP retires after the fight thanking the UFC for making him rich but citing that the president clearly doesn't have interest in him fighting anyone at 170lbs anymore; so that he would like to step down and become the next Greg Jackson.

Remember that Dana allways talks thinking about money first so he has a point.

If GSP take the Silva fight and lose he still can have the Hendricks fight and obtain a big purse for the 2 fights, but if GSP loses to Hendricks then the Superfight with Silva will become a little bit pointless and not that marketable as Dana would desire, so i think thats the whole meaning of GSP being "crazy"

Who cares what he's ranked P4P? It was a welterweight picking on a lightweight and Pacquiao was embarassingly outboxed even being heavily favoured to KO Marquez. Hell even Mayweather had an easier time with marquez at welterweight years ago.

I actually felt bad for Manny

Heavily favored? Chew on this awhile...
http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/7/3738338/pacquiao-marquez-4-current-odds

Like I said you're biased and it shows...just say I hate Pacquiao and then go on. At least we won't waste the back and forth. We'll both know where you stand and you won't look as foolish trotting out silly arguments pretending to be some historical boxing savant. It'll just be your opinion and anyone can have an opinion...no matter how poorly argued.

Heavily favored? Chew on this awhile...
http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/7/3738338/pacquiao-marquez-4-current-odds

Like I said you're biased and it shows...just say I hate Pacquiao and then go on. At least we won't waste the back and forth. We'll both know where you stand and you won't look as foolish trotting out silly arguments pretending to be some historical boxing savant. It'll just be your opinion and anyone can have an opinion...no matter how poorly argued.
I was talking about the 3rd bout.....wow please go study more boxing, then come back to me.

Back