Dan Rafael on Haye... Thank you

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Del the Funk66, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Del the Funk66

Del the Funk66 Purple Belt

Dan Rafael Blog - ESPN

I think Dan makes a very legitimate point. And it's a shame that people don't call him on the bs. At least the ones from the UK. The biggest shame is that people dismissively downgrade their opponents just because of how dominantly they win the fights.

2. asdffdsa

asdffdsa Brown Belt

I wonder if Haye ever really wanted to fight them, but then chickened out, or if he was just being an ass to get attention the whole time. Which one do you think is worse?

3. enswell****

enswell**** Blue Belt

Rafael ought to get his [email protected]$$ on a program; he's 250 pounds of cholesterol and could drop dead of a massive coronary at any time.

Haye won a Title only 8 months ago; why doesn't Rafael mention the tradition of new Champs making an easy defense or two before fighting the most dangerous guy?

Smokin Joe Frazier did it for a year, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, etc: they ALL fought an easy defense or 2 to cash in a bit before laying it on the line against a serious challenge.

With Rafael's accusations and insults of Haye ducking this one man, why has Rafael been stoking maywetaher's nuts all these years when maywetaher's DUCKED 19 top men and cherry-picked for almost an entire decade?

Any boxing fan with an iota of common sense knows Haye will eventually fight a Klitschko; it's inevitable. To think otherwise is to be stupid and wrong. Heh heh.

4. XCuTioNeR

XCuTioNeR Mundo Hispano FECARBOX Champion

He should change his name to Couture.

5. Sigh GunRanger

Sigh GunRanger You think anybody will notice?

bradlee with his Mayweather bullshit

6. Del the Funk66

LOL. you are a bit angry. How about he has a good point... :icon_lol:

You sound like a little kid who lost an argument and has nothing but fat jokes left...

Stop playing dumb. He called them out. Not the other way around. I know how much you adore Haye but come on now...

None of them called out other fighters by chasing them in malls like a psuedo fans.... You're still living in your world of denial. If he quietly fought other guys no one would say shit.

One major difference is that Mayweather wasn't sitting around drawing caricatures of anyone nor was he calling everyone out. This is exactly right:

"Emanuel Steward, who trains Wladimir, described Haye perfectly to me recently when we talked about how he was outright ducking the brothers. Steward used the analogy of a little dog barking like crazy at a big dog. While the big dog might ignore the little dog for awhile, eventually the big dog will have had enough and turn its attention toward the little dog, which will cower or run for cover. Haye is the little doggie. All bark. No bite. Filled with hollow words, he's a laughingstock, at least on this side of the pond."

Stupid and wrong says the delusional Haye fan... :icon_conf

7. Del the Funk66

Yeah how is this a Mayweather discussion? These situations aren't remotely close. I think someone is sensitive. :icon_cry2

8. enswell****

enswell**** Blue Belt

I'm just concerned for the man's health is all.

Normally Dan Rafael is a sensible person whose thoughts I respect, but he's off the mark in this particular instance.

Now what are you babblin' about?

9. Del the Funk66

He's wrong because he's talking about a boxer you like?! Keep in mind you haven't made a single decent point to refute him. Ducking is the perfect description for someone who makes call outs publicly, attempts to fight on 3 separate occasions (may have been more), and in a cowardly fashion hides under a rock when the two guys he's been calling out step up. They put everything on the line and he backed down. This guy will be fighting the Fraudleys of the world for the rest of his life. If I were Wlad or Vitali I wouldn't give him a single concession in their next set of negotiations after (per Enswell) he fights his tool up fights. I would make him submit a public apology for being a tool as part of the contract negotiations.

10. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

None of those guys went on a year long tirade to solicit a fight with the real champion, stalking him at the mall, consistently questioning his manhood in interviews, making t-shirts depicting the champion's severed head, and so forth.....only to cower away multiple times once his pleas have been answered.

"you can't have your cake and eat it too," goes the old saying. Haye can't vigorously, brazenly, classlessly promote his most desired fight, but then sidestep criticism when elluding his foe once the fight is granted. Even if your excuse is that you'll do it later, it defies logic to beg for something then turn your back as soon as you get it- hence, this may truly be one of those rare occasions where the term 'ducking' can be used to describe the goings on.

11. eddymotto

eddymotto Red Belt

Haye fans can try to spin it any way that they want. Haye has made a fool of himself the last year or so.

Don't get me wrong - lots of people are willing to act like clowns on tv in order to make some $. But they probably don't expect people to respect them.

Personally, I'll get interested in the guy again when he fights somebody credible. In the meantime, he is just some cruiserweight fighting in the UK

12. Lazy Man

Lazy Man Heavyweight Champion of the World

Everyone knows David Haye looks like a bitch for calling the Klitschkos out then backing out when he's gotten the opportunity to fight them.

13. Del the Funk66

Not Enswell. LOL.

14. Lazy Man

Lazy Man Heavyweight Champion of the World

He does... he's just havin a little bit of fun, I think.

15. Kid McCoy

Kid McCoy Black Belt

I totally hope that you turn out to be right.

I don

16. Gontran

Gontran Amateur Fighter

Love the analogy.
    Haye's talk minus action makes him look like a pussy, there's no other way to call it

17. enswell****

enswell**** Blue Belt

David Haye's the Main Fuckin' Man; he can do whatever the f*<k he wants!

18. Del the Funk66

I really don't think he is since he gets angry when people bring Haye and the Klits up in the same sentence. Then throws out Mayweather as an analogy for ducking. I sense some animosity there.

19. Del the Funk66

20. Del the Funk66

Swear followed by covered up swear?!?! I don't get it...:icon_conf