Dan Henderson moving to MW

CinemaKingdom

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I haven't heard a lot of people talking about Dan Henderson moving to an already stacked MW division. Perhaps it's because they think he is done, and perhaps he is, but if he beats Mousasi or even has a competitive fight with him that is one more name guy in the division. I would love to see Henderson fight Weidman, Jacare, Rockhold, heck, even a 3rd match with Vitor would be cool (and could happen if both Vitor and Dan lose or win).

i like it, hendo isn't getting anywhere near the title at LHW with jones and cormier in his way. i mean, MW is a tall order as well, but there are a lot of intriguing matchups.

Hendo is terrible at MW, always has been. Rather retirement than MW.

If Henderson beats Mousasi I'd like to see him fight Anderson next. If he loses to Mousasi maybe fight the loser of Weidman/Belfort.

Hendo is terrible at MW, always has been. Rather retirement than MW.

He definitely isn't as good, seems like he doesn't have the same power there. Plus he will be off of TRT so the H-bomb may be gone forever. There are still some match ups I would like to see though.

I think it's a great move. He should have made the drop after the Vitor fight. He's to small for 205 and MW is his natural fighting weight. The move gives him 3 more fights before he retires. If he stayed at LHW he'd be forced to retire after fighting Lil Nog or Rampage.

He definitely isn't as good, seems like he doesn't have the same power there. Plus he will be off of TRT so the H-bomb may be gone forever. There are still some match ups I would like to see though.

339k93m.gif

So a fight 6 years ago when he was on trt is relevant how? I didn't say he couldn't knock people out, I said he doesn't have the same power at MW as he does at LHW, especially off trt.

Last edited:
So a fight 6 years ago when he was on trt is relevant how? I didn't say he couldn't knock people out, I said he doesn't have the same power at MW as he does at LHW.

He wasn't on TRT against Bisping and he was fighting a 185er which is Hendo's natural fighting weight.

He wasn't on TRT against Bisping and he was fighting a 185er which is Hendo's natural fighting weight.

Best I could find he has been on it since 2007, until now obviously.

"Of Bisping’s six losses in the UFC, three came against TRT users. In two of those losses – first against Dan Henderson, then Vitor Belfort – he suffered violent knockout blows. They are still the only two knockout losses on his record."

Source: http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/for-mi...-use-raises-questions-hed-rather-not-dwell-on

Remember when Shields layed on Hendo for 4,5 rounds? Yeah..

I dont care what weight he fights at. Just want him in exciting fights. Would have loved to see him fight Cung Le

Hendo doesn't even walk around at 205, he had to gain weight to get to 206 before he fought Fedor, hope he does well at 185, and by well I mean doesn't get KTFO or blanketed.

i think its the wrong decision.he is not powerful enough for lhw and not fast enough for mw.i really like him but he should start taking easy fights if he wants to keep fighting.

Back