Damien maia is a true warrior

2nbrjmf.gif

I don't follow this backpack stuff... He backpacked Fitch, which was lovely, but besides that it was just a bunch of guys who would give him their backs to try not being taken down.

Then he just gets into backpack mode, where's hard to win the fight, totally cool to earn the round and stupid as fuck to let it go just to make the fight flow a little more.

I know it might sound like I'm trying to make him look good, and I really am, I like him a lot, but most of the time he backpacked was because the other fighter was really stupid to let himself in that position, but not stupid enough to let Maia conclude the forthcoming RNC. It's not everyday where you get a fine lad like Matt Brown to give you his back and let you RNC him as you please.

Maia is awesome. His incredible skill/technique and pressure style is letting him stay competitive really late in his career but I do think age is catching up to him. Still an amazing fighter and a great career

I don't follow this backpack stuff... He backpacked Fitch, which was lovely, but besides that it was just a bunch of guys who would give him their backs to try not being taken down.

Then he just gets into backpack mode, where's hard to win the fight, totally cool to earn the round and stupid as fuck to let it go just to make the fight flow a little more.

I know it might sound like I'm trying to make him look good, and I really am, I like him a lot, but most of the time he backpacked was because the other fighter was really stupid to let himself in that position, but not stupid enough to let Maia conclude the forthcoming RNC. It's not everyday where you get a fine lad like Matt Brown to give you his back and let you RNC him as you please.
The gloves are a real shame. Maia would likely have finished most of the fighters whose back he took in SECONDS without gloves.

one of my favorite fighters for sure, great guy and great at what he does, but also an extremely frustrating one to follow.

if he can't get it to the ground, i have to hide my eyes behind my hands, he's just such a fish out of water on the feet.

Love watching Maia do his thing. It's unreal seeing him drag opponents on top of him, then sweep them and submit them. That Rick story sub was just horrifying.

Back