Opinion Dallas Mavericks will no longer play national anthem

Exactly. Hopefully everyone else follows suit. Eliminate the anthem before games.. eliminate this stupid kneeling controversy.

While we're on the topic, I'm tired of my tax dollars paying for military aircraft to fly over stadiums.

Other than the medal ceremonies at the Olympics, do national anthems really belong?

It probably wasn't really a big deal until a few years ago when the players decided to take the Anthem, which was made to honor those who have fallen for our rights, and make it about themselves, causing a huge uproar and a division. I'd be glad to see it no longer played myself. That'll force the players to find more effective ways to get their message across.

Who gives a shit. It's basketball.

They didn't lose a viewer here because I don't watch that gay shit.

Instead, you watch two mostly-naked, sweaty men get between one another's legs and roll around on the ground. Nothing remotely gay about that.

My AV is literally my username - the original (first) Ultraman.

Damn, for some reason I thought your username was "ultramanhayta", meaning you were the ultra man hater. I should pay more attention next time.

And when Lebron won the title last year nobody was watching.

https://www.sportscasting.com/nba-f...han-ever-and-theyre-getting-worse-every-game/

NBA Finals Ratings Are Lower Than Ever, and They’re Getting Worse Every Game

<Dany07><Grimes01><{outtahere}><Grimes01><{Heymansnicker}>
Across the three NBA Finals games thus far, six Stanley Cup Final games, four rounds of golf’s U.S. Open, horse racing’s Kentucky Derby and Preakness and motorsports’ Indy 500 — each of which was postponed from May and June to August, September and October — all have declined double-digits, and ten of the 16 total telecasts have sunk by at least 50 percent.

Which verse?

The third verse. Here's an image for those who think athletes making political statements during the national anthem is a new phenomenon:

268183ff-e445-4be6-afdb-2e6de2051701-AP_Smith__Carlos-50_Years_Later.JPG

The third verse. Here's an image for those who think athletes making political statements during the national anthem is a new phenomenon:

The song isn't pro slavery. It's stating that no one was free from the effects of the battle. Neither hired soldier or indentured servant / slave. It doesn't promote slavery. It also talks about being free and mentions freemen.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

The song isn't pro slavery. It's stating that no one was free from the effects of the battle. Neither hired soldier or indentured servant / slave. It doesn't promote slavery. It also talks about being free and mentions freemen.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave,
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave.”

This verse is about hunting down and killing slaves, specifically the ones who sided with the British because they were offered freedom.

Some of you have a lot of guilt it’s incredible. You see something like this and immediately jump to it being an attack on being American. I get it that part of being a Conservative is the fear of change and some how it means you lose self identity. Have a little bit more self worth and all of these feelings will change.

Back