D2 Wrestler and Gi Take Downs

deathgrind

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello Gents and Ladies. My training partner and I were working take downs. He was a D2 Wrestler, and his game is mostly Duck under, Ankle Pick, Knee Picks. No Gi he is a monster but in the gi when Showing take downs he is not sure of grips where/when to break. I was wondering If you gents might throw some videos my way of gi variations of these take downs thanks!

britney-confused-gif.gif

if he's shooting, why does he need to grab the pajamas?

You need to avoid getting your pajama grabbed while setting the shot?

Could be possibly because I asked him about when you are tied up standing with the other opponent. I also think a lot of his game is clinched based as far as take downs go.

what's he set his picks up with in nogi? snapdown? russian tie?

clinch in gi is like clinch in wrestling - the dominant person has the control and mobility.

as far as breaking the grip, it's the same idea as all gi grip breaks - pull the fabric violently towards the weakest point of the grip.

there's a whole bunch of ways to accomplish this, turning in circles and such, but generally 2-on-1 is the best way, which is probably why those pussies banned it from the IJF

what's he set his picks up with in nogi? snapdown? russian tie?

clinch in gi is like clinch in wrestling - the dominant person has the control and mobility.

as far as breaking the grip, it's the same idea as all gi grip breaks - pull the fabric violently towards the weakest point of the grip.

there's a whole bunch of ways to accomplish this, turning in circles and such, but generally 2-on-1 is the best way, which is probably why those pussies banned it from the IJF

Snapdown
Yeah we understand the breaks its just no gi he would tie up, snapdown, then Knee pick for example he just doesn't know how to exactly translate that to the gi and if everything works the same. I hope im making sense... lol sorry if im not making sense

Last edited:
Back