• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media D Johnson: I'm a greater fighter than GSP and Silva

Anderson and gsp are both far greater than Mighty Mouse will ever be. They set a bar that is truly elite, and it’s actually surprisingly impressive that Mighty Mouse is even fairly close to their level. But he’s historically built his achievements against vastly inferior opponents than the big 2 so no, no chance is he BETTER than them lol.

Anderson and gsp are both far greater than Mighty Mouse will ever be. They set a bar that is truly elite, and it’s actually surprisingly impressive that Mighty Mouse is even fairly close to their level. But he’s historically built his achievements against vastly inferior opponents than the big 2 so no, no chance is he BETTER than them lol.

P4P MMs competition was FAR superior to AS's and GSPs. 125 was absolutley loaded for his first few years. 125s issue was everyone always beat everyone ranked below them. Benavidez beat everyone not named MM, Dodson beat everyone else, Horiguchi and Lineker beat everyoen else etc etc. So they burned away a lot of that depth awfully fast.

The fact that one atleast tries to implement weight controls, and that Adriano moraes fought at flyweight even before he went to ONEFC tell me that just looking at someone and being like “ye he’s 20 pounds heavier bro” is just you being biased
its called being a human being with eyeballs.

The fact that one atleast tries to implement weight controls, and that Adriano moraes fought at flyweight even before he went to ONEFC tell me that just looking at someone and being like “ye he’s 20 pounds heavier bro” is just you being biased
Adriano has been at 135 for a while and is much bigger than he was at 125. Idk about 20 lbs heavier than DJ but him and most of DJs opponents definitely have a noticeable size advantage over him.

Nothing new for him tho. DJ has been the smaller guy for the vast majority of his career and still does GOAT shit.

Yeh, Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Rampage, Glover, Gus... LHW had no talent

GTFO
Imagine arguing that this is a weak string of wins lol.

I mean, literally WHO are you comparing this to to say the competition is weak?
Just those wins alone, let alone in an undefeated streak as the champ, that would still be insane.

The mind boggles.

GTFO
Machida was a poor mans Horiguchi. Shogun was a shot brawler with no knees who was taking Ls from guys like Forrest Griffin.
Rampage and Rashad were no better than prime Dodson or Benavidez

LOL at Gus.. he has a few good wins but folded like a lawn chair once he faced better competition.

MM is aweaome. Wish he wasn't talking though...

Imagine arguing that this is a weak string of wins lol.

I mean, literally WHO are you comparing this to to say the competition is weak?
Just those wins alone, let alone in an undefeated streak as the champ, that would still be insane.

The mind boggles.
Just look at the response that followed what you quoted lol... some folks just perceive reality differently I guess <shrug>

Hes def up thier with jbj fedor silva gsp but hes behind them.. he can do what ever but the fact is he left ufc in his prime after losing and he doesnt compete in the ufc anymore .. come to ufc and fight in the 145 division .. idk if his path would be the same

I always supported Silva over GSP in GOAT talks but Jones and Johnson, both from the following generation, are objectively the greatest ever by all-around skill AND longevity at the top

Why is it not fair though? It's a fact that such small humans are very small in numbers, that means the amount of them who compete in MMA is laughably small. That means a lower level of competition, pretty easy logic to follow.

DJ's legacy is based on myth, on what if's. "Oh if they were the same size as". All hypothetical nonsense.

Funny thing is when he had the chance to actually prove how good he'd be against the bigger fighters he ducked and ran.

If MM can't be a GOAT because he's too small, than neither can GSP.

Adriano has been at 135 for a while and is much bigger than he was at 125. Idk about 20 lbs heavier than DJ but him and most of DJs opponents definitely have a noticeable size advantage over him.

Nothing new for him tho. DJ has been the smaller guy for the vast majority of his career and still does GOAT shit.
By size are you talking about height or weight? Cause when he was weighed in california in the ufc, DJ was 142, and cejudo was 143. As far as I know, there is some weight funny business in ONE, but why assume Adriano moraes is doing it and the champion DJ isn’t?

GTFO
Shogun was past his prime, machida was a middleweight, Rashad was kind of small, rampage was even more past it than shogun, glover was good, Gus was pretty good

Hearing this notion a lot recently, I think it's a fair claim and glad he's getting talked about.

Back