Cyborg vs Ronda is a mismatch

"Cyborg only got mounted because she tried to throw Carano but Carano landed on her lol. Cyborg bumped her off immediately."
-nope, Gina stood up from mount

dab.gif

"Cyborg may not have 1 ko power but she has tons of tko's. "
- ronda has tkos, everything she does not finish by armbar she finishes be ko/tko

"Honda has no head movement and will get hit by cyborg. The question is can she recover if she is the one getting bullied "
- she had taken shots, she also was backmounted. still won those fights with ease

That gif shows cyborg trying to throw Carano like I said. Carano does not stand on her own because cyborg is shrimping and pushing on Carano hip to escape. The whole video would show this.

Honda has not been hit or even attacked by someone like cyborg and you know it.

Honda survived against some housewives, who recently wanted to do mma.

Her intentions are clearly Ppv money, I think ufc is smart having her fight a 135 fight before Ronda. Otherwise she would take the fine for not making weight against Ronda and still have a gigantic payday. Cyborg is wrong on so many levels it is sickening.

Great thread....blah...if Rhonda stands in front of her w her head still like she did in her last fight, she will eat punches and fall. Cyborgs grappling is good, she just never has to use it.. How many times have you ever seen wandy submitted?? She's as good if not better at grappling than he is, and many of wandy's opponents had far superior grappling skills than rowdy. can't we just wait until the fight actually happens.. If ever..and talk then? Enough with the pointless...this is my opinion... Based on absolutely nothing of relevance.. Threads already...

Ronda by first round armbar. Cyborg is good at overwhelming smaller ladies with jiujitsu experience, but her bum rush is going to get her tossed onto her dome piece and the armbar will surely follow.

If she can make the weight & pass the drug tests, I suspect the fight will go similar to the Cat & Ronda fight. Charge, throw, tap.

Ron would get murked. Fast.

Zero head movement. Shit all day stand up. One trick pony who would be expose when not facing single mother doing part time mma

Woo she beats Bethe. Let's bring on Zeus next.

Other than her freakishly giantantic arm there's nothing impressive about Ron

That gif shows cyborg trying to throw Carano like I said. Carano does not stand on her own because cyborg is shrimping and pushing on Carano hip to escape. The whole video would show this.

Honda has not been hit or even attacked by someone like cyborg and you know it.

Honda survived against some housewives, who recently wanted to do mma.

Gina never tried to secure mount. cyborg was not shrimping. gina was standing up and cybrog went to put her foot on her him. that is not a shrimp.

I have zero respect for Chris Cyborg. Holly Holm is doing it right. Cyborg should respect the sport and the women already in the UFC at 135 and make weight and earn her shot. Not this classless pathetic calling out every 2-3 days for a title shot in a company she is not under contract with at a weight she has never competed at.

Ron would get murked. Fast.

Zero head movement. Shit all day stand up. One trick pony who would be expose when not facing single mother doing part time mma

Woo she beats Bethe. Let's bring on Zeus next.

Other than her freakishly giantantic arm there's nothing impressive about Ron

Uh, go do your homework. Cyborg's competition has been far worse than Rondas. And I can pick apart many UFC men's champions, how about Tito Ortiz defending the LHW title against worldbeaters like Yuki Kondo and Elvis Sinosoc, and a washed up Shamrock and 40 year old Vladmir. Like those are more impressive?!! please!

Ronda's opponents records at the time she fought them:

6-1
0-0
4-1
2-1
12-2
15-1
8-2
13-4
8-0
16-5
9-0
9-0

Compared to Cyborg:

Cyborg's opponents records at the time she fought them:

0-0
3-1
0-0
0-1
0-0
10-4(Shayna Baszler)
15-10
14-5
7-0
17-3(Marloes Coenen)
8-7
12-1(Hiroko Yamanata, Cyborg failed steroid test for this one)
6-2
21-5(Marloes Coenen rematch)
6-4
5-1(Faith Van Duin who?) her most recent fight in Invicta on July 9th)

Just for context, Jon Jones first 12 fights:

0-1
2-1
0-0
1-3
2-0
2-1
5-0
12-4
11-2
7-2
11-4
24-4

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Cyborg's opponents: 124-44(.738)

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Jones' first 12 opponents: 77-22(.778)

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Rousey's 12 opponents: 102-17(.857)

People have to consider the size in this fight as well, Cyborg will have about 15-20lbs on Ronda fight time. Ronda will have to get her down and work the grappling and submission game otherwise Cyborg will eat her up standing. This is not a case of a striker being able to stick and move and be effective that way, neither fight like that. Its going to be a high pace fight and a semi brawl and Ronda doesnt have much of a chance vs a opponent like that standing with the size and power

Gina was much bigger than Cyborg and Cyborg took the fight, Rousey is the same size as Cyborg and has been running for years.

Miesha Tate took Ronda's back.

Carmouche took her back, and almost got the finish. LMAO!

Kauffman took her back.

Yep, mismatch.

Close to a finish? She didn't even have her under the chin. It was across rondas face...

LOL at those armchair "analysts" that argue that Cyborg has more than a punchers chance against Ronda! Due to Cyborgs agressive style she may be finished even faster than Zingano - I predict 10 - 12 seconds as a quite possible outcome here...

Agree with TS. Also Cyborg was on steroids so she will lose explosiveness and will also have to weigh in 10 pounds lighter than her usual roid weight. I believe Ronda would still beat a roided Cyborg though.

1) Gina Carano got mount on Cyborg twice during their fight and she has ZERO grappling credentials.

the second part of that sentence is false , why are you lying.

Cristiane Justino
Medal record
Competitor for Brazil
Women's Submission grappling

IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championship:
Gold medal

the second part of that sentence is false , why are you lying.

Cristiane Justino
Medal record
Competitor for Brazil
Women's Submission grappling

IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championship:
Gold medal

Back