Media Cyborg denies Nunes's GOAT status.

Wolfbrigade

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Her argument:
-Nunes has 4 losses, cyborg has 2 losses
-Nunes didn't rematch her opponents

lol, delusional.

{<shrug}

I don't really think it's the worst argument. Cyborg has been at the top for over a decade. You don't really lose all the because of one loss

Even by weak ass WMMA standards the 145 pound women's division is puddle deep the world over. Cyborg's career win record is all but meaningless. She took can crushing to never before seen levels in combat sports.

I'm not even saying it's her fault. She fought "the best" at 145 but "the best" were either bloated 135'ers or a rag tag bunch of part-time punching bags.

It's a fair point. The argument for Amanda is her top wins. She's beaten almost every champ the UFC has had from 125 up. Cyborg never had that consistent competition, but she dominated forever. And some people already think the other champs Amanda has beaten (Ronda, Meisha, GDR, Valentina) are cans propped up by terrible contemporaries only a small level above Cyborg's competition.

Personally, I'm for the big wins. Cyborg's rep was largely on beating up midlevel, smaller fighters. 5 UFC champs from 3 weight classes is a better resume than Coenen, Gina and Holly. A few losses from earlier in her career is pretty easy for me to overlook. She was visibly a much lesser fighter at the time.

{<shrug}

I don't really think it's the worst argument. Cyborg has been at the top for over a decade. You don't really lose all the because of one loss
Agree 100%

Just like Aldo doesn't lose his status by getting ko'd by conor.

2 division champ with the best collection of scalps, including cyborg’s.

I would almost rather talk about colin and kabob than wmma

Even by weak ass WMMA standards the 145 pound women's division is puddle deep the world over. Cyborg's career win record is all but meaningless. She took can crushing to never before seen levels in combat sports.

I'm not even saying it's her fault. She fought "the best" at 145 but "the best" were either bloated 135'ers or a rag tag bunch of part-time punching bags.
She fought who they put in front of her .

I don't think that's delusional at all. I don't necessarily agree with her but I think it's a perfectly valid line of thinking

Cyborg just took a loss nearing the end of her career after a long run of dominance. Nunes took several losses coming up and is just starting her run of dominance

I think it's perfectly reasonable to think Nunes needs to just spend more time at the top first

I actually agree with that. Cyborg has gone undefeated for a loooong time while. Nunes definitely has the potential to surpass her but let's not get carried away and not repeat the same mistake made with Weidman, Rockhold, Holm, Miocic, etc.

Also Valentina got robbed by the judges against her

It's probably up in the air right now, I think Amanda could solidify it with a rematch over Cyborg and a win over Holm. Each of their records have flaws.

In a lot if ways she is right, and that's not to take anything away from Amanda.
She lost last night to a hungry, prime and gifted opponent who didn't fear the mystique going in. It's similar to Fedor in a way that yes Werdum was the one to finally bring him down, but we don't really debate who was "the GOAT" between the two....let's let Amanda fight on for a while before anointing a new GOAT.

Cyborg fought like a fuckin retard. No defence whatsover. Just plods forward blocking shots with her face even after she isn't getting hurt.

There was only so long she could get away with that style and it's really relative to her overall competition.

That being said she was still on top for a long time which deserves respect.
She seems a nice enough girl too.

I dont think a rematch would be any different for her with that game plan and low fight iq

{<shrug}

Lol she’s been fighting casuals for a majority of her career.

Nothing wrong with her reasoning here. Long unbeaten runs liker her's and Megumi Fujji's shouldn't be overlooked so easily.

Her argument:
-Nunes has 4 losses, cyborg has 2 losses
-Nunes didn't rematch her opponents

lol, delusional.

IT's WMMA. So who gives a fuck, I guess you do.

But, Cyborg Nunez could go either way. Cyborg probably didn't think Nunez had a power to go toe to toe with her.

Back