Cutting Weight

Holy Matrimony

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I weigh 147 lbs and I fight at Bantamweight (135) I have a fight tomorrow and weighins are tonight. Usually I get down to about 140ish by the day of weighins then cut the last five pounds via Laxative. Usually it works just fine that cuts me down to about 134 and I'm good. But today something has happened that has never happened before. I threw up my laxative everytime i tried it. My stomache just couldn't hold it. I've decided that Laxative is no longer the best approach, but I hate using the sauna. I got down to 134.8 this morning by jumping rope with a chain and running on a treadmill with two hoodies and my sauna suit.

I have two questions from more experienced people than me. What's the most you have cut for a fight? and What's the best way to cut without using Laxative so that I won't be worn out for the fight? 12 pounds isn't a whole lot to cut, but when your as small as me and none of the weight I lost was in fat, the last few pounds are hard to cut.

Best bet is to keep a morning weight approximately 5% greater than your fighting weight. For you, that'd put you waking up at 141.75 and up at about 145 after normal eating and hydration.

I know that is of no help now, but may be for the future.

You cant beat sitting in a sauna suit in the steam and just sweating it out.

Course, you'll feel really shit when you go to the weigh in, and may get a bitch of a headache; but it's easy to cut and easy to put the weight back on for the fight as its all water.

Back