Cutman Equipment

Anir

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. Will post a formal itroduction shortly, and hope to learn and offer some advice on here for some time to come.

My question is this. On sunday, I am working on my first amateur fight as a cutman. I have a pretty decent idea of what to expect, and what to bring. I was wondeing if there is anything else that I should bring with me other than what is on my list?

Spray Bottle
Q-tips
Ice Packs
Sponge
Sterile Gauze Pads
Surgical Tape
Gauze Bandages
Towels
Scissors
Vaseline
Savlon
Tiger Balm/Thai Oil
Elastoplast and plasters
Triangular Sling Bandage
Extra Wraps
Surgical Gloves
Enswell

I have been informed that the use of adrenaline is no longer approved. Is this true?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help :)

Make sure you have LOTS of gloves, the ref's and anyone else in the area wanting a pair usually hit me up for some. I still use epi, but then again I'm in the states, but no one involved with officiating the matches I've worked has said anything about it.

Looks alittle like overkill. Don't need a medic case with ya. . . just ends up being a hassle

Bucket: Carrier. Also, throw ice in it pre-fight
Cold plate/compress: Set in ice for swells/mice between rds
Q-tips
Vaseline: Depends on the promo but you'll most likely be applying pre-fight and between rds
Safety scissors: Should only need these to pull gloves post fight (not a biggy)
Bar towels
Gloves

Anything else you can leave in a bag backstage. Just bring out the essentials.

my .02

Everything else can be handled post fight

Vaseline: Depends on the promo but you'll most likely be applying pre-fight and between rds

I recently had a promo that told me that it was illegal to apply vaseline between rounds in their organization. First time I've ever come across it.

I thought it might be a bitt ott, but good to prepare i suppose. I don't actually own an enswell at the mo. Is there anything I could use as an alternative, or is an ice pack sufficient?

Any word on the epi anyone? have only heard from one source that its banned, but I' not too sure to be honest?

Cheers

If Im not mistaken this is a little late but for future inquirers....its overkill....sterile gauze as nice a gesture wont probably be used till the end of the fight.....tiger balm is the bomb, but they are strict about no scent jelly products so you wont be able to use it......If this is stateside, have 2 slabs of petroleum products, like vaseline....have one plain and the other vaseline, premix with epi......(IN CASE ELBOW CUT....CUTMAN"S WORST NIGHTMARE)....

What you really need is..

Coagulant
Jelly
Spray bottle
ICED bottle of water ( not to drink but to put on the back of fighters neck...it relieves pain and helps a little)
BUCKET OF ICe
ENSWELL
GAUZE..GAUZE...GAUZE
Xtra LONG Q-TIP...LOTS
and Shears....

If Im not mistaken this is a little late but for future inquirers....its overkill....sterile gauze as nice a gesture wont probably be used till the end of the fight.....tiger balm is the bomb, but they are strict about no scent jelly products so you wont be able to use it......If this is stateside, have 2 slabs of petroleum products, like vaseline....have one plain and the other vaseline, premix with epi......(IN CASE ELBOW CUT....CUTMAN"S WORST NIGHTMARE)....

What you really need is..

Coagulant
Jelly
Spray bottle
ICED bottle of water ( not to drink but to put on the back of fighters neck...it relieves pain and helps a little)
BUCKET OF ICe
ENSWELL
GAUZE..GAUZE...GAUZE
Xtra LONG Q-TIP...LOTS
and Shears....

where do you get epi??

Back