Cute boxe NYC at Ultimate Gym

zenshin

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have a qustion. I used to train Muay Thai extensively when I was younger, I stopped fo a few years and want to get back into it. Well I have been searching in NYC all over for a gym I feel comfortable in and checked out Ultimate Gym in the city, I was told there that in a few weks that Chute Boxe Black Belt and co-trainer Israel Gomes will be taking over the Vale tudo classes there, my question is has anyone heard of Isael Moses or Ultimate Muay Thia gym in NYC ? If so can you give some info about either please. They are asking top dollar 200 month and ant to know I am not being playd here, thanks guys.

I don't know much about Ultimate Gym....but you can also check out Five Points, The Wat, Renzo's (Coban is teaching there) in the city. They are all pretty good.

Coban is too expensive even though he is cream of the crop when training 200 month for 2x week is not for me.Wat location is not great for driving or parking in the area same goes for 5 points. I would like to get info on Church street boxing gym I hear they have a muay thai program there 5x week for less.

Reason I like Ultimate is because they might have Chute Boxe there teaching.

zenshin said:
Coban is too expensive even though he is cream of the crop when training 200 month for 2x week is not for me.Wat location is not great for driving or parking in the area same goes for 5 points. I would like to get info on Church street boxing gym I hear they have a muay thai program there 5x week for less.

Reason I like Ultimate is because they might have Chute Boxe there teaching.
How about http://www.combinedmartialarts.com ??

In NY nothing is cheap. I haven't heard anything good about the Ultimate Gym [especially about Nestor the owner] I never heard about this Chute Boxe guy and if the rumors about Nestor are true I wouldn't be surprised if this is just some scam to get people to sign up. Do a google search for Wanderlei Silva and/or Chute Boxe. If you find them I would recommend you drop them an e-mail inquiring about this guy to see if he is legit or not.

On a side note I am glad Chrurch St increased the schedule for Muay Thai. It used to be a couple times a week. I wonder if it is still Master K doing them.

JohnMc said:
In NY nothing is cheap. I haven't heard anything good about the Ultimate Gym [especially about Nestor the owner] I never heard about this Chute Boxe guy and if the rumors about Nestor are true I wouldn't be surprised if this is just some scam to get people to sign up. Do a google search for Wanderlei Silva and/or Chute Boxe. If you find them I would recommend you drop them an e-mail inquiring about this guy to see if he is legit or not.

On a side note I am glad Chrurch St increased the schedule for Muay Thai. It used to be a couple times a week. I wonder if it is still Master K doing them.
I checkd into the cute boxe guy. he is def a chute boxe BB and was one of the trainers there he trained and worked out with all the chute boxe guys and this was confimed by someone from chute boxe. What have you heard about Nestor evryone sas the same thing they heard bad things but no one accually had experiance with him.

Thats what I want to find out who is teaching at Church st boxing gym

zenshin said:
I checkd into the cute boxe guy. he is def a chute boxe BB and was one of the trainers there he trained and worked out with all the chute boxe guys and this was confimed by someone from chute boxe. What have you heard about Nestor evryone sas the same thing they heard bad things but no one accually had experiance with him.

Thats what I want to find out who is teaching at Church st boxing gym

From what I have heard. Nestor has an attitude problem. MMA.tv' s Kickboxing forum had a thread about NYC Thaiboxing gyms and quite a few people had said his attitude sucks. One poster on there discussed his experience with them.

If your just joining for the ChuteBoxe classes you may not have to deal with Nestor too much. Good Luck with the classes.

Master K used to teach at Church St [and a couple days a week at Renzo's as well] When i saw the schedule said 5 days a week I thought either he increased his schedule [now that he doesn't teach at renzo's anymore] or its somebody else.

JohnMc said:
From what I have heard. Nestor has an attitude problem. MMA.tv' s Kickboxing forum had a thread about NYC Thaiboxing gyms and quite a few people had said his attitude sucks. One poster on there discussed his experience with them.

If your just joining for the ChuteBoxe classes you may not have to deal with Nestor too much. Good Luck with the classes.

Master K used to teach at Church St [and a couple days a week at Renzo's as well] When i saw the schedule said 5 days a week I thought either he increased his schedule [now that he doesn't teach at renzo's anymore] or its somebody else.
Can you provide the link to that thread where they iscuss Ultimate Gym

I read red all of it, good forum. I have to see when this Chute Boxe guy is coming, if not I might check out 5 points, I hear they have a good gym

Everyone said that nestors attitude sucks, but no one mentioned that th quality of he gym was bad.

zenshin said:
Everyone said that nestors attitude sucks, but no one mentioned that th quality of he gym was bad.

The training might be good but do you really want to put up with the guy's attitude? Being around negative people can really hamper your training. especially if you are looking to compete.

JohnMc said:
The training might be good but do you really want to put up with the guy's attitude? Being around negative people can really hamper your training. especially if you are looking to compete.
I sorry for being repetative i am just curious on what specifically people had to say except bad management, what do they mean about his attitude, what specifically did he do

zenshin said:
I sorry for being repetative i am just curious on what specifically people had to say except bad management, what do they mean about his attitude, what specifically did he do

They are pretty much saying he's an arrogant prick.

well I gonna check him out again if I get the same vibe like evryone esle got i might just chck out 5 points, just I hate the location, I have to take 2 trains there F then A instead of driving because of the parking by china town!!!

Good Luck. Ultimately you want to go to a gym where you are going to want to go and feel welcomed at and not feel like just a $ sign to the owners.

Problem is almost every gym in NYC makes you feel that way lol

zenshin said:
Problem is almost every gym in NYC makes you feel that way lol

Not necessarily. Phile Nurse and others at the WAT gym were always very nice. David Ross [lkfmdc] of NYSanda was also very nice. Just do what David told you to do and just check around and see what kind of vibe you get off of them.

Also you should check out the ChuteBoxe USA website to see if the instructor is the real deal or not.

Back